/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him Really
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 1/20/04 6:36 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him Really (goran)

: I don't want to criticize you, but when reviewing and talking about a
: scenario there's one thing you shall not do, and that is to compare it to
: others.

Goran, I know you don't like Rubicon, but that's not the issue here. Every scenario has its strengths and weaknesses. Comparing scenarios is similar to comaring films or novels from different authors that cover similar themes. It is the critical review of each scenario and the and the comparisons of similarities and differences that makes for intersting topics of conversation and a better understanding of both scenarios. As a scenario maker yourself, you of all people should recognize the advantages of this. Don't tell me that you don't learn from other scenarios and try to use some of what you like in your own scenarios. One of the things I do when discussing scenarios here and comparing them is to put them into temporal perspective. Didn't I mention that Rubicon came years after Evil and benefited from what was learned in the interim? Noting that Evil was an early scenario helps to put it into perspective. In case you hadn't noticed, a lot of the forum participants weren't around for Rubicon's release, let alone Evil, so they in particular need to know why one scenario does things one way and another doesn't. This type of discussion is invaluable to them, and for that matter to the rest of us. Try to keep an open mind and not banish personal opinions from the forum - they are a critical part of the discussion.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallyMark Levin 1/18/04 9:11 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallySteve Levinson 1/18/04 12:24 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallyKeith Palmer 1/18/04 12:57 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallyTodd 1/18/04 8:49 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him Reallygoran 1/18/04 10:27 p.m.
                 Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallySteve Levinson 1/19/04 8:54 a.m.
                       Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him Reallygoran 1/19/04 10:56 p.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallyD-M.A. 1/20/04 12:15 a.m.
                             Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallySteve Levinson 1/20/04 6:36 a.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallyElliott 1/18/04 2:30 p.m.
           Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallyTodd 1/18/04 8:57 p.m.
     Re: Evil Volunteers: Mangle Him ReallySteve Levinson 1/19/04 9:08 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.