Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

HBO Weekly Review
Posted By: Weekly ReviewDate: 7/28/03 11:47 a.m.

HBO Weekly Review

Week Ending Sunday, July 27, 2003

Straight from Bungie's word-hole

1. The Invisable O writes: "Okay, I don't know if anyone has noticed this before (I couldn't find anything when I used the search), but at the link I've posted(you'll have to scroll down) it clearly says "March 2004" Now, this could be a leak, a hoax, or the real thing. what do you say?"

Achronos: "If a Bungie representative doesn't say it, then it isn't official. If a marketing executive, or a xbox.com writer, or a retailer, etc. says it, but we haven't said anything about it, then it isn't official. Right now, there is no release date. It will be released when it is done, and not before. The ONLY official thing we have said is "Not in 2003". "

2. gordon kees writes: "gee, i guess you brought up a few good points chavez...just one thing...none of them pertained to my original point.

i've worked in video game retail for 4 years now. gamestop corporation stores 1321, 0861, 0182, and 0795. the information that i'd received direct from the microsoft representative was: halo is x-box only--no PC version as it was cancelled due to microsoft paying a large sum of money directly to bungee for the rights to the game."

ferrex: "Au contraire, they were mocking your original post, an activity which has a great deal to do with your original post.

As for your original point, it's deserving of the response. Right from the beginning, Bungie made it excrutiatingly clear that Halo would be ported to PC/Mac, for the benefit of the people furious for the opposite reason. If you didn't look into the matter, or simply refused to believe it, well, you really have nobody to blame but yourself.

And frankly, if you can afford to spend $75 on premium items like Monster cables for your Xbox, you can afford to buy a $45 PC game."

gordon kees continues with: "if i can find my old x-box promo binder, i'll scan the halo preview booklet that said in plain text: microsoft and bungie had come to the decision to cancel the plans for a pc port of the game in favor of an x-box only game."

ferrex: "Please do. I'd be interested to read this piece of fiction."

Wu is me! (on vacation this week)

1. "I like 'em. If I felt like I could get away with it, I'd say fuck the loudmouth naysayers, the Daily Zen stays, cause I'm king."

2. "Do you have a copy of Halo with different Blood Gulch walls than I do?"

3. "Hehe - come here and let me smack you in the back of the head with my AR. :)"

Mig's free will

1. "Sorry to have started all this. I hope you can see where I was coming from. But if you happen to still be pissed, then do me a favor and kiss my ass.

Cheers!"

2. "If by edit you mean delete/expunge/go-back-to-the-drawing-board, then I'd have to say 'YES'."

3. "You just admitted that this whole thread helped motivate you to turn your mod from one that sucks moosecock to one that will be glorious."

mneme-says

1. "Nah, he's an exceptionally talented (but mostly harmless) troll. I tell ya, he's our own little resident troll. We need a little bridge for him."

2. "You've got to let him stare at his own johnson, Mig."

Shishka-Bob

1. "Or perhaps there could be a "maybe you should uninstall your video editing software and go home" category."

2. "If there's anything we know about Gamestop employees, it's that they never know what the fuck they're talking about. Thank you very much for this iron-clad confirmation."

3. "From the very first post onward. He started off as an illegible idiot."

4. "What I have told you is true. If any of this is a lie, may god strike down a newbie."

5. "Ghoslbane. And I'd make a cheap shot at him here, but he's on vacation and wouldn't ever find it. ;)"

6. "This is why I love Jason Jones- platonically."

Flood of Interesting Stuff

Boll creates Halo Mapping - How did he do it?

Steve wonders if 343GS thinks ur Covie - "why do the Sentinels attack the Covenant? Well, if 343GS thinks your the Covenant, and you betrayed him, then he would attack the other Covenant soldiers."

funkmon writes hmm...covie homeworld - "the covies mustve thought that a base near the truth-givers\forerunner ring would provide them with protection, as the covies are near their gods."

Hikaru-119 thinks he knows the Exact Numbers of Covenant on Halo or close at least. - Do you think he's right?

Vid Boi celebrates a his birthday today. Happy Birthday to you!

Skavenger_s7 writes She kicked me out and kept the TV......... and continues it with She kept my TV, part 2.............

Shishka asks What would you name your warship?

Wado SG writes Cortana the meddler speculation -long - "Imagine that you had a weapon so powerful that all life in this galaxy could be wiped out. Would you just program the monitor of this weapon to just find anyone (any being can be a Reclaimer) and that would be enough to fire the weapon. Seems quite wreckless for any advanced race to not have better security measures."

Boll is at it again with his Halo Clock 2 *FLASH@343kb* - Do we have time for this?

R.G. checks in with a pic in Halo2 and Lord of the Rings team up! - Gollum looks better in real life than in the movies! Or does he? o_O

Gruntsbane writes in Halo Babies lives! - Worth a look!

Brian @ GenCon reports GenCon thoughts - "Let me say for starters: GenCon rocks!"

Elan Sleazbagano pleads Help save the kittens! *OT* - Poor things...

guy who doesn't post....too often discusses Bandwidth and Hosting, followed by NoF with Bandwidth Alternatives Discussion , Danny with A Bandwidth Solution For Smaller Movies and SniperMan27 with A bandwith suggestion

It was a stark and dormy night...ummm..oh well, Halo FanFic entries this week

1. Agent Shade submits: Project: Shadow Spartan, Chapter 6 , Project: Shadow Spartan, Chapter 7 and Project: Shadow Spartan, Chapter 8

2. Alex Sullivan submits: And So It Began.

3. andrew meyer submits: midnight sun (chapter 1, Moon war begins)

4. apache119 submits: Unknown Apprentice Part 2

5. Chief-117 submits: Spartans in NYC Chapter 5

6. CoLd BlooDed submits: Return to Earth (Chptr 2: Flight to Captivity) , Return to Earth (Chptr 3: Alone and Still Standing) , Return to Earth (Chptr 4: Rescued) , Return to Earth (Chptr 5: Destined to Kill)

7. crashedwarthog submits: The flood: a force to be reckoned with: Part 3

8. Dark Spartan submits: A World Apart Ch. 2

9. Djstan submits: Untitled

10. Fleet Admiral submits: New Lunar HQ

11. FOrunnER submits: A long hard day of killing humans

12. Frensa Geran submits: Buried Treasure(5) and Buried Treasure(6)

13. GLADIATRRR3000 submits: A Marine Named Peters: To Kill A Pegasus

14. Havok and AlphaBravo343 submits: Foersaken Forefathers Part X

15. Hikaru-119 submits: The Fallen: Chapter 4 Section 1 and The Fallen: Chapter 4 Section 2

16. Hunter_Killer submits: Halo 2, not what you'd expect, Part One and The Adventures of Lt. Jake, Part One

17. HunterKiller submits: Halo 2 Fight For Earth: The Next Day and Halo 2: First Strike

18. Ishkabibbl submits: Ishkabibbl'sstory\Humanity'sLastHope\BloodyWar(Part 3) and Sniper patrol group 06

19. J-117 submits: A John Before Halo: Part 4

20. nicholas submits: Halo Zero 2 /p8/ Medula's War

21. 'Nosolee submits: The Fall of Fate: Invasion, Part One

22. pj-NYkr90 submits: A Marine's Tale: Boot and A Marines Tale: Getting the Feel of Things

23. Reclaimer submits: Oblivion Chapter 6: New York City: Covenant Playground

24. retsamolah submits: First Contact; Chapter 1: Harvest , First Contact; Chapter 2: Probe and First Contact; Chapter 3: First Blood

25. Shadowrunner submits: The second genocide (Halo 2: Chapter 9)

26. Shinai Purugganan submits: Chapter 2: Dilemma

27. Simon James submits: Running Riot- Part 3

28. Simpsons Rule submits: Halo from the Flood's Point of View: Enter the Norah

29. SpartanMX submits: Return to Jevan: Part one, Lets Move Out

30. Steele submits: Delta Squadron: Chapter Two; First Engagement

31. Sterfrye36 submits: Battle for the Norah: Part Four

32. The Scribe submits: Into the City

33. Traumatised Marine submits: Brutus, The Spartans, Two Ais and the Pirate Fleet (Part 4)

I want my HTv!

Phatcorns submits: Out for Blood (the latest Halo movie) - Go check it out!!

Lion gives us another preview of his up-coming series: Oddballs Trailer 2

z continues his series with: FTC#5 video - Hilarious!!

c0ld vengeance wants you to check out: P R E D A T O R

Off the Mark

.mirage posts another Daily Zen - The Tru7h is out there!

.mirage changes his post to the Weekly Zen *OT*

Quotes of the Week

"Glad to hear it, but you may want to turn it down so you can hear the baseball bat swooshing behind your head (and yes, it will come). " - Red Loser

"Here's a way without explosives I've been working on...
Drive the tank up onto the teleporter ridge, and flip it over (Yeah, this might require explosives, but you could use vehicles, too), fairly close to one of the walls." - Valdek

"Some people here are very stupid. Like me." - Luke Corley

Trolling Through the Park One Day...
And the Award for "It seemed like a good idea at the time" goes to...

General Sir - "i didnt dis halo pc you idiot even i know shishka bob isnt an admin your a dumbass you dont know what the f*** your on eat s***." {edited for your safety}

How to be a Jerk in Co-op

(no new submissions)

1. "If you use the plasma rifle against the flood, and you are... say... 30ft ahead of your friend... the flood usually fall, but do not die, as a result of the plasma rifle fire. (This is assuming you stop firing at their bodies after they fall down.) So as your friend is following you, suddenly all the flood you shot down should pop up to say "hi" to your co-op buddy." - FrogBlast

2. "Let your buddy ride the elevator halfway down, then hit X to bring it back up. Your buddy will promptly slip through the floor of the elevator and fall to his death." - Warbow

3. "kill your coop-er while you are in a banshee. when you fly, you are going too fast for them to respawn. now to really stiff them, land at the highest point possible or better yet crash into a high wall. when you crash, your speed will be low enough that the person respawns in midair and will fall and fall and fall. repeat as necessary." - Tirion of *WP*

4. "Wait until you Co-op buddy is standing on glass over the enemy. Shoot the glass and send your partner down into the middle of them. Then don't forget to says "Oops sorry" - Warbow

5. "Spend all your time breaking glass, don't worry about any enemies. You must run around hitting every piece of glass so that you hear the breaking sound. Don't kill anything, it just takes time way from your glass breaking. Do this until your partner either screams at you or just walks up behind and smacks you in the head. Either way at that point you know that you have become a Jerk." - Warbow

6. "My younger brother and I play Halo alot and he is 3(he has learned the controls very well) Well last night we played GS level and while the glass and the gernade ideas are good try this. When crossing the first bridge (not flashing) above a large group of flood and covenent get across first the deactivate the bridge with your partner on it. My brother did this to me and it =bleep=ed me off. I eventually was pulled to him by a check point and introduced him to the back end of my shotgun. Something similar can be done on AoTCR get to the elevators first and go down, Either you slow down your buddy (death is imminent then) or you kill them because they jump after you. (the elevator looks closer than it seems and it keeps moving faster than you can fall)." - Lt. Marx

7. "When your partner is being chased closely by infection flood (or anything else for that matter) Say "I've got your back!" and, instead of shooting the badguy down, toss a plasma 'nade onto the pursuer. The alien chasing your friend will become a homing grenade... your friend will promptly smack you." - FrogBlast

8. "This annoying trick involves using the checkpoint/loading areas of Halo and works better if you are playing legendary. Hang back near a checkpoint, wait until your co-op buddy is fighting an elite. When he/she finally has the elite's shield down, back up and trigger his/her return to your location. Generally, by the time he/she returns to the fight, the elite's shield are recharged. Keep doing this repeatedly. This trick also works well while your partner is flying a banshee. Wait until he/she is flying over an object that is normally not accessible from the ground, such as a bridge or large rock formation. Trigger the checkpoint and if you?re lucky his/her banshee will crash on said object. Leaving them on the ground where he/she belongs. Oh and as always don't forget to say 'Oops, sorry!' " - Warbow

9. "The setup: make sure that your partner is driving the warthog, you should be the gunner. You should not have a marine riding shotgun. Wait until your partner is driving toward a large group of Covenant. This part takes timing, you must wait until right before the hog is within range of the covenants weapons. Bail out, if you time it right, your partner will not realize that he has no gunner until it is too late. Hopefully there will be several jackals with over charged pistols to take out his/her shields and several elites to finish him/her off. Now comes the tricky part, you must act casual. When your partner asks "Why?" You respond "What??....I'm shooting them" while you firing a few pistol rounds in the general direction of the enemy." - Warbow

10. "Also, (especially when playing coop against the flood), should your buddy happen to die, toss a frag grenade onto his body (when he's not looking!). Thus scattering his weapons so to make him go through an aggrevating search and recover if he wants that Shotgun again.. " - pete_the_duck

11. "This is fun with everyone, but it's better when I'm teaching new people to play while in a co-op mission with them. I usually do this on the light bridge, but whatever: while driving the warthog with them in it, I run it off the right side of the bridge and jump out at the last second when my door is at the edge. The best part is that they usually try to jump out, too, but that just makes them die faster." - Glenn Close

12. "Going into battle, either two or three on a hog. 1. You are gunner , must have plasma grenade. - Just before, jump out, toss plasma (sticking) to rear underside - Hog flips, causing driver shield reduction, just as the attack begins 2. You are the side-seat passenger, must have plasma grenade. - To a sticky toss to the driver and/or gunner, and bail OR.... 3. You are the side-seat passenger, any grenade - Toss it out in front of the hog (like you are throwing at the enemy) - As you drive over, hang on...of all passengers, you will survive the best." - CYBRFRK

You think you're a jerk in co-op, or been jerked? Let me know, and if it brings the slightest hint of a smile out of me, I'll include it in next week's edition!

Newbie Corner:

Ahhh...a newcomer? Check this out!

FAQ's are great!

Spam! It's what's for dinner! (And not for Posting!)

Looking to download your favorite movie?

Can't view all of them gosh darn cool movies? Go here!

Or maybe you want to sit in the director's chair, and make a movie!

Search functions are great!

Would you like to spice up your posts with fancy-shmancy HTML?

Ever wonder when an egg is not an egg? Look here for more egg stuff.

What the heck is The Megg?

Message Index

Replies:

HBO Weekly ReviewWeekly Review 7/28/03 11:47 a.m.
     Excellent. Thanks again, WR! *NM*Shishka 7/28/03 11:54 a.m.
     Aha!SniperMan27 7/28/03 12:21 p.m.
     So, there wasn't an interesing story this week? :( *NM*Skavenger 7/28/03 12:31 p.m.
           Re: So, there wasn't an interesing story this weekdeanero 7/28/03 12:38 p.m.
                 WAIT! Cheif dumbass here!!! sorry... see it now... *NM*Skavenger 7/28/03 12:41 p.m.
     Nice! *NM*Pico 7/28/03 12:36 p.m.
     How to Be a Jerk in Co-opJamirus99 7/28/03 1:12 p.m.
           Re: How to Be a Jerk in Co-opPico 7/28/03 1:58 p.m.
           Re: How to Be a Jerk in Co-opBoss "Wart" Hogg 7/28/03 2:14 p.m.
                 ROTFL *NM*deanero 7/28/03 2:57 p.m.
                 Re: How to Be a Jerk in Co-opNeskalug 7/29/03 9:02 a.m.
     How handy *NM*Red Loser 7/28/03 2:22 p.m.
     Re: HBO Weekly Review -- Thanks *NM*Wado SG 7/28/03 10:18 p.m.
     Whew -- now I'm caught up! *NM*CYBRFRK 7/29/03 12:21 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.