Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Megg...Level design?
Posted By: Roger Wilco <jordan@edelldesigns.com>Date: 3/31/03 5:15 p.m.

In Response To: Megg...Level design? (Mr Yun)

From Shiska's Megg guide:

>Meg has told us very little about where the Megg is located. Here is a list of the clues in one simple handful. It would be wise to see >how these apply to your findings or theories before posting like a fool:

>Meg is Jaime Griesemer's girlfriend
Meg and Jamie sittin' in a tree... K-I-S-S-I-N-G! <3
>Jaime Griesemer (aka Flawless Cowboy) is a designer for Halo.
>Meg would not lie, the Megg is real
>The discovery of the Megg revolves around violence.
**this line is blank...is that intentional?**
>Discovery ends in your own death.

>And here are the vague clues Meg gave, in a list order:

>Carnage before.
I would think that this simply refers to the violence involved in bringing on the Megg. From Meg's professed appreciation of (video game) violence I take this to mean that it involves excessive force and cruelty. Perhaps in repeatedly shooting a corpse to slow down the engine. It seems to me that the best bang for your carnage buck is with the Flood who seem to loose limbs and various chunks of their anatomy quite profusely. Since the Megg is location specific it may refer to a particular battle the MC comes across like 'Final Run' or the Guilty Spark/Jenkins(?) cut scene.

>Impossible tasks as possible.
My first thought was that this is a reference to the need for a modded xbox...enabling cheats, making impossible tasks possible. I don't think this is the case but it would be nice to know for sure.

>One maker.
Jamie? Is there one level that ONLY Jamie was responsible for?

>Mathematics births gore.
Very cryptic indeed...too many possibilities. The Flood...their reproduction seems very mathematical. There is all the fun with numerology to consider as well.

>Devotion.
>Pain.
I take these two in order...be devoted to the quest...to Megg. It will cause you much pain but you will see it.

>Before you die, you see the Megg.
'Before you die, you see the Ring' I didn't see the movie but wasn't that the tag line? This revolved around a video tape that once watched kills you four(?) days later. A reference to a cut scene perhaps? It would be so cute if the Megg IS a ring...a proposal :) I think this one is just face value at heart I think.

My first inclination was' The Maw/Warning: Hitchhikers may be'...given Meg's profession. Since the Maw seems to have been ruled out my next choice would have to be 343GS, the area where the Flood are held prisoner. Did Jamie do 343GS?

Actually, I haven't been looking for the Megg...I haven't played Halo in several days (bad RW, BAD!) but I thought I'd throw my 2 cents into the ring.

Message Index

Replies:

Megg...Level design?Mr Yun 3/31/03 12:15 p.m.
     Re: Megg...Level design?Shish@school 3/31/03 1:12 p.m.
     Re: Megg...Level design?Red Loser 3/31/03 1:32 p.m.
           Re: Megg...Level design?Pallor [subnova] 3/31/03 1:37 p.m.
                 So...Red Loser 3/31/03 1:47 p.m.
                 I'd say GS343 is our best bet *NM*Ross Mills 3/31/03 1:47 p.m.
                       Sorry... because...Ross Mills 3/31/03 1:49 p.m.
                             rises from the dead, "I got better"Wado SG 3/31/03 2:08 p.m.
                                   Re: rises from the dead, "I got better"Ross Mills 3/31/03 2:10 p.m.
                                         Re: rises from the dead, "I got better"B-Sharp 3/31/03 4:59 p.m.
                                               Re: rises from the dead, "I got better"Ross Mills 3/31/03 5:21 p.m.
                                                     SourcesGawyn [subnova] 3/31/03 5:33 p.m.
                                   Re: rises from the dead, "I got better"Tru7h 3/31/03 2:11 p.m.
                                   Re: rises from the dead, "I got better"Mumbles 3/31/03 5:03 p.m.
                 "133401 bytes"ThePerfectCore 3/31/03 1:56 p.m.
                 haloh 3/31/03 2:13 p.m.
                       See BelowGawyn [subnova] 3/31/03 2:41 p.m.
                 Hilarious. *NM*Mr Yun 3/31/03 4:20 p.m.
           Re: Megg...Level design?Felix 3/31/03 1:58 p.m.
                 Re: Megg...Level design?Ross Mills 3/31/03 2:00 p.m.
                 NopeGawyn [subnova] 3/31/03 2:02 p.m.
                       see "halo" above ^^^ *NM*h 3/31/03 2:15 p.m.
                             Re: see "halo" above ^^^Ross Mills 3/31/03 2:16 p.m.
                                   oops, missed the a *NM*h 3/31/03 2:18 p.m.
                                         err, i mean "in" *NM*h 3/31/03 2:20 p.m.
                             FunnyGawyn [subnova] 3/31/03 2:39 p.m.
                 Bob! Get in here. You're needed. *NM*Louis Wu 3/31/03 2:13 p.m.
                       - -Pallor [subnova] 3/31/03 2:47 p.m.
                             Err.Pallor [subnova] 3/31/03 2:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Err.Louis Wu 3/31/03 3:03 p.m.
                                         Sigh.Pallor [subnova] 3/31/03 3:36 p.m.
     Re: Megg...Level design?Roger Wilco 3/31/03 5:15 p.m.
           InterestingGawyn [subnova] 3/31/03 5:40 p.m.
                 Re: InterestingCybercow 4/1/03 11:35 a.m.
                       Re: InterestingEbb 4/1/03 6:20 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.