Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Asteroids in FOR, not the Atari video game
Posted By: Wado SG <wyamauchi@msn.com>Date: 3/25/03 2:34 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Old Flood Theory revisited (Dewser)

: And one more thing, something that supports your idea on the floods usage of
: asteroids. In the FoR, a part said that asteroids sometimes found they're
: way into slip-stream space but scientists never could find out how. Could
: this be on of the floods asteroids? You also stated that the flood take
: intelligence from their host and that the covenant have already come in
: contact with the flood. And since the covenant knew how to use
: slip-stream, could that be how the asteroids(possibly infected)found their
: way into slip-stream?

I was thinking that asteroids could be sent through slip-stream as either a transport or an attack (i.e, Starblazers and Starship Troopers). I don't think every asteroid in slip-stream is one of these though. The odds of actually finding one I think is very slim, there must be a natural way for asteroids to get into slip-stream.

I also speculated that the forerunners (4 runners...lol) might have found a way to live in Slip-stream space, but that's a totally different topic.

I already had thought about FOR and asteroids in Slip-space, Bungie has mentioned having some more tie-ins with FOR in Halo 2, perhaps the asteroids in Slip-stream mentioned in FOR is not just creative thinking but actually setting precedence for things to come. (Open the reader's mind, once we accept asteroids in Slip-stream space, next it might be whole worlds and suns. Maybe even another Halo).

Certainly asteroids play a role in FOR, from the rocks with the Nav symbols in them to asteroids in Slipstream. As for Halo killing the Flood's food, many asteroid impacts coincide with mass extinctions on Earth. So we have FOR and Halo referenced here.

-------------------- OT ---------------------

Now if asteroids contained the Flood spores... to do this theory true justice, we must mention the Asteroid's video game. I wonder if there is a Bungie tie-in here. Let's see, in Asteriods you have to blast asteroids (could that be defending the galaxy from Flood infested asteroids targeted at your planets?). Hyperspace is like Slip-stream, a useful tool for getting around quickly in the quest to defend the universe. The flying saucers are like the Sentinels and the little saucer could be a 343 GS monitor. Oh wait, Asteroids Deluxe sported a new technology, shields, but hyperspace was lost. There was also a wierd thing that followed you around, perhaps that's the Forerunners trying to stop you. Could Asteroids Deluxe be referring to human technology, we just got shields but our Slip-stream engines aren't really very good compared to the Covenant. Hmm... but the Covenant have shields too. Maybe this theory doesn't really work... Asteroids = Covenant struggle against the Flood, Asteroids Deluxe = human struggle against the Flood. ;)

So there you go, Bungie dev spent too much time in arcades when they were younger. Next week I will explain how Halo's weapon is nothing more than a giant Pac Man that goes around and gobbles up planets. I just need to research the Atari 2600 more, 2600 = 7x371 + 3 or 7x343 + 4x49 + 3... hmm, I'm not seeing it. :)

Message Index

Replies:

Old Flood Theory revisitedWado SG 3/18/03 5:56 p.m.
     Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedopie301 3/18/03 6:31 p.m.
     Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedMichael Frank 3/18/03 7:08 p.m.
     Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedCiarán 3/19/03 4:30 a.m.
           Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedWado SG 3/19/03 5:03 a.m.
                 Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedCiarán 3/19/03 6:19 a.m.
                       Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedWado SG 3/19/03 2:14 p.m.
     Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedDewser 3/22/03 6:42 p.m.
           Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedhunter splat 3/25/03 8:19 a.m.
                 Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedRed Loser 3/25/03 12:58 p.m.
     Re: Old Flood Theory revisitedDewser 3/22/03 6:51 p.m.
           Its 4 runners.....as in marathon.Master of Halo 3/22/03 6:54 p.m.
           Asteroids in FOR, not the Atari video gameWado SG 3/25/03 2:34 p.m.
                 asteroids was a good gameBreak Point 3/25/03 3:40 p.m.
                       Re: asteroids was a good gameMiguel Chavez 3/25/03 9:26 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.