Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

What's REALLY needed...
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 3/7/03 11:40 a.m.

In Response To: Re: General Statement to the Forum (Razorback)

: I've been analyzing the forum.
: Most of the posts are trick reports. Already done trick reports.

: I think the Forum page could benefit from a Big Fat Banner , telling people
: to please check the Tricks section and make sure their trick is new before
: posting.
: I know its not a definite cure , but it should help at the very least.

: Just trying to help. :)

...is a definitive list of what's done, and not done. This requires FAR more work than anyone's been willing to do, up to this point; it means combing through the tricks sections of a few sites (here, Battleground: Halo, utfoo, Team 7hr33 - there are others, but I'm guessing this covers 97% of the published tricks), and then adding all tricks demoed in movies (but nowhere else) - this requires watching films like Hurricane Halo, or any of Team Overkill's stuff, or In Too Deep, or almost any movie listed in the Movies section here (restricted to Halo Fun, probably).

Oh, yeah, and you'd have to go through the Tricks suggestions; some people used that database to post descriptions of what they'd done, rather than what they wanted to see.

I THINK this would cover most of what's been done... but I'm not positive. (Certainly there's been quite a bit of stuff posted on this forum, and others, since the last Tricks update here...)

Once that list was compiled (and organized - organization would be the key here), there'd be a much better chance that repostings would not occur; we could make it pretty clear where to go to see if something had been done yet or not.

I, personally, don't have time to compile this list. Vernon Shields had suggested he was working on it at one point... but I haven't seen anything from him about it in a long time. Obviously, whatever DOES get compiled would have to be proofread and crosschecked by someone - probably me - but that's a LOT less work than building it in the first place.

Ah, well... the list never ends, does it? :)

Message Index

Replies:

General Statement to the ForumLouis Wu 3/7/03 9:13 a.m.
     Re: General Statement to the Forumgamer90 3/7/03 10:03 a.m.
           Re: General Statement to the ForumScalrag 3/7/03 10:17 a.m.
                 Re: General Statement to the ForumWado SG 3/7/03 10:53 a.m.
     Re: General Statement to the ForumRazorback 3/7/03 10:45 a.m.
           Re: General Statement to the ForumRazorback 3/7/03 11:22 a.m.
                 What's REALLY needed...Louis Wu 3/7/03 11:40 a.m.
                       Re: What's REALLY needed...Razorback 3/7/03 11:50 a.m.
                             Re: What's REALLY needed...Louis Wu 3/7/03 12:02 p.m.
                                   Re: What's REALLY needed...Ross Mills 3/7/03 12:11 p.m.
                                         Re: What's REALLY needed...FrogBlast 3/7/03 12:20 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.