Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Cue spooky music
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 2/11/03 1:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Cue spooky music (Ciarán)

: Louis, I've just gone back and did some searching, and obviously this has
: come up before. I think Wado SG thinks the same as I do, i.e. the spores
: are not the infection forms, but something smaller that the infection
: forms carry.

: However, you clarified that the Flood Anatomy pages pretty much have the
: official Bungie seal of approval; also that if the spores are not the
: infection forms then some people at Bungie are getting confused. Do you
: still think this?

I don't think there's anything on the Flood anatomy pages that contradicts the idea that the actual infecting is done by something smaller than the popcorn flood. (There's nothing that PROVES it, either.)

There is quite a lot missing about how the flood work - but both general theories (that the popcorn flood DOES the infecting, or that the popcorn flood PRODUCES the infecting vector) fit into the pages, from what I can see.

Bungie didn't give me the info - except in areas where my writeup directly contradicted the accepted view. (I hesitate to say 'fact' - because we're talking about a made-up lifeform. :) ) My writeup came almost entirely from Rowley's work on the Vang.

: Also, has anyone from Bungie ever confirmed which form are the "small
: rangers" that 343GS refers to? I can't find anywhere in the archives
: where this has been clarified - maybe you can?

Nobody has confirmed either interpretation - and I doubt anyone will. We're on our own there. :)

Message Index

Replies:

The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/10/03 7:28 a.m.
     Cue spooky music *NM*Louis Wu 2/10/03 8:12 a.m.
           Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/11/03 10:25 a.m.
                 Re: Cue spooky musicLouis Wu 2/11/03 1:29 p.m.
                       Re: Cue spooky musicmnemesis 2/11/03 4:44 p.m.
                 Re: Cue spooky musicCount Zero 2/11/03 8:00 p.m.
                       Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/12/03 6:30 a.m.
                             Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/12/03 7:09 a.m.
                                   Re: Cue spooky musicLouis Wu 2/12/03 7:41 a.m.
                                   Re: Cue spooky musicLouis Wu 2/12/03 8:05 a.m.
                                         Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/12/03 9:06 a.m.
     Lone Flood Rangerpoena.dare #CP# 2/10/03 8:43 a.m.
           Re: Boo...hiss *NM*Warbow 2/10/03 8:49 a.m.
                 Re: Lone Flood Rangerkiro69 2/11/03 2:18 p.m.
     Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersRoss Mills 2/10/03 10:04 a.m.
           Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/10/03 10:15 a.m.
                 Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersRoss Mills 2/10/03 10:16 a.m.
                       Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/10/03 10:22 a.m.
                             Let me speculate man! It's healthy! :-) *NM*Ross Mills 2/10/03 10:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Let me speculate man! It's healthy! :-)Ciarán 2/10/03 10:51 a.m.
                                         Re: Let me speculate man! It's healthy! :-)Warbow 2/10/03 11:00 a.m.
                                               Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONG*Ciarán 2/10/03 11:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONWarbow 2/10/03 12:14 p.m.
                                                           Re: Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONWado SG 2/10/03 6:33 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONCiarán 2/11/03 6:39 a.m.
                                                                       Reply about Flood Spores - longWado SG 2/11/03 12:03 p.m.
     Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersBarkbat 2/10/03 8:13 p.m.
           Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/11/03 6:37 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.