Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Reply about Flood Spores - long
Posted By: Wado SGDate: 2/11/03 12:03 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LON (Ciarán)

: It is stated on the Flood Anatomy pages that yes, the Warriors can become
: Carriers if they become too damaged to be of further use as Warriors.

: I am not disputing the existing know methods of Flood spreading, I'm just
: suggesting that maybe there's another way too.

: Ciarán.

Nice thoughts you have too. There certainly is more to the Flood than explained in the game dialogue or on the HBO Flood anatomy page.

I think the Flood spores are the little Flood things (infection forms) because I think the real Flood are giants (really big things). I think the Carrier forms are the equivalent of the "fruit" that is the result of the spores mixing with a host. They are called Rangers because they can move (fruit usually doesn't move).

Why I say this is that I think there is a different kind of "fruit" that grows on the Flood (the giant creatures). This other kind of fruit produces spores but cannot move (I suppose it could be carried) and resembles something like the Keye's Blob.

The spores that come from this fruit "hanging from the giant Flood" can infect like regular spores or evolve into something much more (like a giant Flood thing -- if no one cares I'll call it a Flood Master).

On the other hand, I don't think the spores that we see all over the place can evolve into anything but carrier forms, they are simply a method of spreading the infection. However, like insects in nature, if no giant Flood are around, the regular Flood spores might be able to adapt into a Keye's Blob (like how a worker bee can become a queen bee if there is no queen bee).

This is all speculation of course.

Message Index

Replies:

The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/10/03 7:28 a.m.
     Cue spooky music *NM*Louis Wu 2/10/03 8:12 a.m.
           Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/11/03 10:25 a.m.
                 Re: Cue spooky musicLouis Wu 2/11/03 1:29 p.m.
                       Re: Cue spooky musicmnemesis 2/11/03 4:44 p.m.
                 Re: Cue spooky musicCount Zero 2/11/03 8:00 p.m.
                       Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/12/03 6:30 a.m.
                             Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/12/03 7:09 a.m.
                                   Re: Cue spooky musicLouis Wu 2/12/03 7:41 a.m.
                                   Re: Cue spooky musicLouis Wu 2/12/03 8:05 a.m.
                                         Re: Cue spooky musicCiarán 2/12/03 9:06 a.m.
     Lone Flood Rangerpoena.dare #CP# 2/10/03 8:43 a.m.
           Re: Boo...hiss *NM*Warbow 2/10/03 8:49 a.m.
                 Re: Lone Flood Rangerkiro69 2/11/03 2:18 p.m.
     Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersRoss Mills 2/10/03 10:04 a.m.
           Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/10/03 10:15 a.m.
                 Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersRoss Mills 2/10/03 10:16 a.m.
                       Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/10/03 10:22 a.m.
                             Let me speculate man! It's healthy! :-) *NM*Ross Mills 2/10/03 10:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Let me speculate man! It's healthy! :-)Ciarán 2/10/03 10:51 a.m.
                                         Re: Let me speculate man! It's healthy! :-)Warbow 2/10/03 11:00 a.m.
                                               Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONG*Ciarán 2/10/03 11:51 a.m.
                                                     Re: Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONWarbow 2/10/03 12:14 p.m.
                                                           Re: Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONWado SG 2/10/03 6:33 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Rangers = Infection Forms - justification *LONCiarán 2/11/03 6:39 a.m.
                                                                       Reply about Flood Spores - longWado SG 2/11/03 12:03 p.m.
     Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersBarkbat 2/10/03 8:13 p.m.
           Re: The Flood can spread without the rangersCiarán 2/11/03 6:37 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.