Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: On the Subject of Hacking Halo *Long, img's*
Posted By: Roger Wilco <jordan@edelldesigns.com>Date: 2/3/03 1:44 p.m.

In Response To: Re: On the Subject of Hacking Halo (FriendlyFire)

: After reading through this entire thread I feel comforted to see that at
: least there are still some people who don't like to take the easy way
: out. It seems these days everyone's looking for the quick fix rather than
: actually achieving anything through their own blood and sweat. It's
: certainly refreshing to see those who find it more fun to achieve through
: determination and persistance rather than a quick hack.

: What a breath of fresh air.

I have been lurking heavily recently but news of this hack brings me out into the sun briefly.

*squint* It's bright out here.

My initial reaction was somewhat similar to Warbow's and to the sentiment above. However, I eagerly await the slew of pics and movies that should be in the pipe as long as all of this is on the level. One thing regarding the above post...this is by no means the easy way out. This hack requires a screwdriver and a soldering iron and that is where I draw the line. Besides, these feats would otherwise be impossible...even for Frogblast :P

Personally, I can't wait to see high quality pics of the Flamethrower, Gravity Wrench and crashing Covenant Dropships. I am confused though, and this may just be my selective memory at work...I was under the impression that a lot of this stuff just wasn't in the code any more. I seem to recall Bungie stating that it would just not be possible to use the flamethrower or other unimplemented weapons for few reasons. Either the geometry and/or textures weren't there, the animations are not there and the AI involved never worked correctly.

For instance: If Dozi can indeed shoot down both Pelicans and Covie Dropships, I can't wait to see it. Seeing a Pelican go down is nothing new...RIP Foehammer. Seeing a Covie Dropship go down would imply that at some point in the development of Halo this was possible (or at the very least there was a cutscene showing this) ...if as Dozi sez, "one shot... and all the enemies fall out and so does the gun on the bottom, then the dropship itself plummits to the ground. The Human dropship actuall emits fire and pieces when you shoot it..."

Anyway, I won't be modding my xbox any time soon so I will wait patiently and eagerly for pics and movies. Speaking of modding, does any of this imply that it would be at all possible to insert material...a yellow banshee perhaps?

While I am out in the sun...

A couple of things I noticed while watching Aliens last night...besides the obvious influences. Some of the ambient and effect sounds were very familiar. For instance, the sound that the hoist holing the dropship makes on board the Sulaco ( especially when it stops moving ) sounds very much like the elevators in AotCR. Also, the atmospheric processing unit ( that huge structure that blows up near the very end ) bears a lot of architecural similarity to the blue beam towers on Halo. In particular, there are four free-standing structures around the perimeter of the main structure that, in the quick glimpse I got looked remarkably like the structures on Halo. A hint maybe?

On a completely urelated note...Prayes and sympathuies to the crew and families of Columbia. The news stated that there were three shuttles left in the fleet...I can only think of two: Endeavour and Discovery. Are they perhaps reffering to Enterprise, which AFAIK never flew except off the back of a 747.

Anyway, I will return to lurking shortly. I haven't been able to do much Halo related artwork as of late, although the PoA contest is very tempting. I have started re-doing my Warbow model, but it is changing form a bit, it won't be a motorcyle/sidecar any more but two of the cycles joined by cross-members with driver and gunner seats in-between. I'll keep the name Warbow though if Warbow doesn't mind. Pics sometime in the future. I did finish off the Carousel ship though...changed the front after some one commented it looked like a Warthog wheel ( I agree ). Some of you may recognise that new symbol.

<3 to all.

RW

Message Index

Replies:

On the Subject of Hacking HaloFrogBlast 2/3/03 6:15 a.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloFrogBlast 2/3/03 6:30 a.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking Haloc0ld vengeance 2/3/03 7:30 a.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloRazorback 2/3/03 7:41 a.m.
     Ah crapRoss Mills 2/3/03 7:44 a.m.
           Re: Ah crapdalecooper 2/3/03 8:50 a.m.
     Re: It's a sad day. *NM*Warbow 2/3/03 8:09 a.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloLouis Wu 2/3/03 8:59 a.m.
           Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloWarbow 2/3/03 9:05 a.m.
           Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloFrogBlast 2/3/03 9:25 a.m.
                 Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloFrogBlast 2/3/03 9:26 a.m.
                 Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloLouis Wu 2/3/03 9:28 a.m.
                       Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloWarbow 2/3/03 9:34 a.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloRoss Mills 2/3/03 9:00 a.m.
     Just had a thought!c0ld vengeance 2/3/03 9:05 a.m.
           Re: Just had a thought!Louis Wu 2/3/03 9:08 a.m.
                 Re: Just had a thought!Break Point 2/3/03 9:19 a.m.
                 Re: Just had a thought!Poocho 2/5/03 1:50 a.m.
     ahhhhhhhhguy who doesn't post....too often 2/3/03 9:39 a.m.
           Re: ahhhhhhhhFrogBlast 2/3/03 9:50 a.m.
           Re: ahhhhhhhhMiguel Chavez 2/3/03 9:50 a.m.
                 oops, I wuz wrong *NM*Miguel Chavez 2/3/03 9:54 a.m.
                       Re: oops, I wuz wrongFrogBlast 2/3/03 9:58 a.m.
                 Re: ahhhhhhhhLouis Wu 2/3/03 9:55 a.m.
                       Re: ahhhhhhhhFrogBlast 2/3/03 10:11 a.m.
     The end of one era, the start of a new eraMiguel Chavez 2/3/03 9:49 a.m.
           Re: The end of one era, the start of a new eraFrogBlast 2/3/03 10:06 a.m.
           Re: The end of one era, the start of a new erac0ld vengeance 2/3/03 10:08 a.m.
           Re: The end of one era, the start of a new erapaean.doer #PC# 2/3/03 10:22 a.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking Haloopie301 2/3/03 10:17 a.m.
           Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloWarbow 2/3/03 10:31 a.m.
           Beautifully Stated *NM*cobaltnova 2/3/03 6:12 p.m.
     But remember...Ross Mills 2/3/03 10:28 a.m.
           Re: But remember...c0ld vengeance 2/3/03 10:34 a.m.
                 Rule Britannia! Oh...wait... Wrong praise *NM*Ross Mills 2/3/03 10:36 a.m.
                 Re: But remember...opie301 2/3/03 10:47 a.m.
                       I never understood that saying... *NM*Ross Mills 2/3/03 10:48 a.m.
                             Re: I never understood that saying... *OT*Sep7imus 2/3/03 10:53 a.m.
                                   Re: I never understood that saying... *OT*FrogBlast 2/3/03 11:00 a.m.
                                         Re: I never understood that saying... *OT*Louis Wu 2/3/03 11:06 a.m.
                                               Re: I never understood that saying... *OT*Ross Mills 2/3/03 11:09 a.m.
                                               Re: I never understood that saying... *OT*c0ld vengeance 2/3/03 11:17 a.m.
                                               Re: I never *OT* *OT*saying... *OT*FrogBlast 2/3/03 11:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: I never *OT* *OT*saying... *OT*opie301 2/3/03 11:42 a.m.
                                                           Re: I never *OT* *OT*saying... *OT*FrogBlast 2/3/03 11:44 a.m.
                                                     Re: I never *OT* *OT*saying... *OT*Sep7imus 2/3/03 11:46 a.m.
                                                           Re: I never *OT* *OT*saying... *OT*Louis Wu 2/3/03 11:50 a.m.
                                                           Re: I never *OT* *OT*saying... *OT*FrogBlast 2/3/03 11:50 a.m.
                                                     Re: I never *OT* *OT*saying... *OT*Louis Wu 2/3/03 11:49 a.m.
                                         Dumbest site ever? *OT*Red Loser 2/3/03 1:27 p.m.
                                               *OT* of the *OT*opie301 2/3/03 1:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: *OT* of the *OT*Red Loser 2/3/03 2:09 p.m.
                                                           2/3/03 *NM*opie301 2/3/03 2:24 p.m.
                                                                 Re: 2/3/03opie301 2/3/03 2:24 p.m.
                                   Re: I never understood that saying... *OT*Mark Simmons 2/3/03 11:27 a.m.
                                         You can still get Fish Kettles to cook fish in *NM*Ross Mills 2/3/03 11:32 a.m.
                             Re: I never understood that saying...opie301 2/3/03 10:54 a.m.
                                   Re: I never understood that saying...c0ld vengeance 2/3/03 11:00 a.m.
                                         Re: I never understood that saying...opie301 2/3/03 11:09 a.m.
                             modern versionMiguel Chavez 2/3/03 11:28 a.m.
           Re:What do I do? *NM*Death in tight pants 2/5/03 7:52 p.m.
                 How do I patche a ripped image of the Halo disk. *NM*Ty 2/5/03 8:06 p.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloFriendlyFire 2/3/03 11:20 a.m.
           Allright, so where is my proof?Konrad9 2/3/03 12:31 p.m.
                 Re: Allright, so where is my proof?Louis Wu 2/3/03 3:20 p.m.
                       Nifty neato *NM*pj325is 2/3/03 4:22 p.m.
                       camera control in the hacked Halo?R.G. 2/3/03 4:59 p.m.
                             Re: camera control in the hacked Halo?Louis Wu 2/3/03 6:38 p.m.
                                   Re: camera control in the hacked Halo?Miguel Chavez 2/3/03 7:04 p.m.
                                   Re: camera control in the hacked Halo?R.G. 2/3/03 8:14 p.m.
           Re: On the Subject of Hacking Halo *Long, img's*Roger Wilco 2/3/03 1:44 p.m.
                 Atlantis *NM*Red Loser 2/3/03 2:19 p.m.
                       Wha...? *NM*Konrad9 2/3/03 2:25 p.m.
                       D'oh. Thanks. *NM*Roger Wilco 2/3/03 2:51 p.m.
     Re: On the Subject of Hacking HaloDark Helmet 2/3/03 4:30 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.