Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Detailed Explanation ***SPOILER***
Posted By: opie301 <gtopie301@hotmail.com>Date: 12/7/02 11:44 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Yellow Banshee (Cook - 771)

: What the hell is wrong w/ you people. Cupholders? yellow Banshees? I've
: flown, driven, hoverd, and treked through every part of Halo. I never
: found anything of the sort. If i'm wrong I apologize ,but I REALLY don't
: think I am.

: Shame on you people for dirty rumors.

The Yellow Banshee is not a rumor.

******SPOILER********

The Yellow Banshee was a special project developed by the gnomes running the Marine Surplus supply store on Silent Cartographer. If you manage to find the surplus store, you'll see what looks like a garage door to the rear of the store. If you kill the gnome wearing the red hat (the 'Alpha Gnome'), a cut-scene will follow in which the gnomes adopt you as the new 'Alpha Gnome'.

The gnomes then take you into the garage (what else would you expect behind such an overhead door) where you can see that something had been built recently. The gnomes then explain about the Yellow Banshee. They more or less tell you everything of which the Yellow Banshee is capable. I'm convinced that the cupholders were added by the game designers as a joke, an exageration meant to show that the Yellow Banshee has everything..."even cupholders."

The gnomes then explain that the Yellow Banshee, just as it was completed, was stolen by the Midget Elites, the Gnomes' arch-enemies. This starts the mini-game. You have to locate the Midget Elites' headquarters, defeat the Mutant Hippo guarding the Yellow Banshee and return it to the gnomes.

If you accomplish this task, the gnomes will give you a grenade expansion...you'll be able to carry 6 of each type of grenade instead of only four. If you accomplish this task in less than 3 hours (not days) you will be given the option at certain points in all subsequent levels to fly the Yellow Banshee in addition to the grenade expansion.

Other than its increased firepower there's not much to the Yellow Banshee and no real reason to get it. The cup-holders are not usable 'in-game' as you are never given a cup or other such beverage that needs to be 'held'. But it is a nice little Easter Egg. And if you happen to find it, it establishes you as an 'Elite'. It will also re-name your Xbox to whatever your profile name is.

That's about it. Good Hunting.

Message Index

Replies:

Yellow BansheeAgutai 12/7/02 12:30 a.m.
     Re: Yellow BansheeExogenesis 12/7/02 12:36 a.m.
     Re: Yellow BansheeAgutai 12/7/02 12:42 a.m.
           Uh...Matt(Uh...#5?) 12/7/02 12:48 a.m.
                 Cupholders!Elan Sleazbagano 12/7/02 12:55 a.m.
                       Re: Cupholders!skavenger_s7 12/7/02 3:20 a.m.
                             Re: Cupholders!Elan Sleazbagano 12/7/02 1:07 p.m.
                                   Re: Cupholders!Exogenesis 12/7/02 1:47 p.m.
     Re: Yellow BansheeCook - 771 12/7/02 7:08 a.m.
           Detailed Explanation ***SPOILER***opie301 12/7/02 11:44 a.m.
                 Re: Detailed Explanation ***SPOILER***THR8807 12/7/02 1:02 p.m.
                       Re: Detailed Explanation ***SPOILER***oddworld18 12/7/02 1:08 p.m.
                             Re: Detailed Explanation ***SPOILER***THR8807 12/7/02 1:22 p.m.
                       Re: Detailed Explanation ***SPOILER***opie301 12/7/02 1:24 p.m.
                             Re: Detailed Explanation ***SPOILER***oddworld18 12/7/02 2:08 p.m.
                                   j00 is teh d0ubting f00lMatt(Uh...#5?) 12/8/02 12:27 a.m.
                                         Re: j00 is teh d0ubting f00lskavenger_s7 12/8/02 2:09 a.m.
                                               Re: j00 is teh d0ubting f00lRoss Mills 12/8/02 3:03 a.m.
                                                     Or the ones that reanimate the deadMatt(Uh...#5?) 12/8/02 1:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Penile CodeAgutai 12/11/02 10:36 p.m.
                                                                 Tell me you meant "Penal Code" *NM*opie301 12/12/02 9:07 a.m.
                                                                       lol...that's a classic. :P *NM*Boss "Wart" Hogg 12/12/02 9:12 a.m.
                                                                             Must...Stop...Laughing.....Matt(Uh...#5?) 12/12/02 6:04 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Must...Stop...Laughing.....Agutai 12/14/02 12:16 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.