Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Melee sugestion for Halo 2
Posted By: Razorback <barbosadiogo@hotmail.com>Date: 8/19/02 7:07 a.m.

See how didn´t used the word ´idea´ ? :P

Ok , so I´ve been thinking that Halo 2 sould have a more ilaborate melee system. I came up with two diffrent ´sugestions` that I think are worth reading about.

Sugestion A) Combo Melee :

No , I don´t want to turn Halo into a stupid fighting game hybrid , just improve the very simple and very well done melee system that Halo already has.

Ok , so here´s how it would work; On Halo1 normally you would press B and the normal melee animation would folow , always the same animation , one animation for each diffrent weapon. What if you could make diffrent atacks with the same weapon.

Lets imagine the MC is holding an AR , if you press B standing still he will strike with the butt of the gun to the nose of the creature , but if you were to push B as you were walking forward , he could raise the gun above the enemie´s head and the then hit him with a downward movement , and the creature would reponde with an acurate animation , he could bite his tong or fall down. the same thing for all the other directions , backwards , left , right , all of them with diffrent animations. And then you could do Combos , wouldn´t it be realy cool if you made the Forward melee folowed by a backward melee , wich would hit him on the chin , or maybe even make the Cov jump a few feet up in the air , and you could blast him away with the shotgun while in the air. Or constantly slap a guy left and right untill he´s brain falls out?
:)

Sugestion B)Sequence Melee :

This one is way less ambitious than the first one , it doesn´t involve directions to make combos.

It works like this , each weapon has something like 3 diffrent animations , if you press B once you will see one , if you press B once again after a short pause from the first one , you would trigger the second one and so on.
This would be more intresting than the current option in my opinion.

Final Comments:

As you can see , this doesn´t affect the balance of the game , its just a very cool gimick it would add a LOT to the "cool factor" , you would feel like your a real mean future cyborg machine ;)

I prefer sguestion A way more than sugestion B if you ask me , but maybe their´s just too much work involved in it. It would take 5 times more animations than Halo 1 just for the melee part , and each enemie would also need 5 times more animations , But I realy think its worth it.

I´de love to read you comments on this , constructive critiscism , maybe toghether we could polishe the idea , or maybe you could tell me why it wouldn´t work or why its dumb.

Thanks for reading.

Message Index

Replies:

Melee sugestion for Halo 2Razorback 8/19/02 7:07 a.m.
     Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2This Side Up 8/19/02 8:08 a.m.
     Mélee? No, we need real INNOVATION!Thoth 8/19/02 10:46 a.m.
           Re: Mélee? No, we need real INNOVATION!DarkJedi613 8/19/02 10:48 a.m.
                 Re: Mélee? No, we need real INNOVATION!Mr.Poke 8/19/02 11:01 a.m.
           Re: Mélee? No, we need real INNOVATION!Rydmend 8/19/02 1:43 p.m.
           Re: Mélee? No, we need real INNOVATION!B-Sharp 8/19/02 6:15 p.m.
                 Re: Mélee? No, we need real INNOVATION!Thoth 8/20/02 8:46 a.m.
     Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2DarkJedi613 8/19/02 11:10 a.m.
           Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2Razorback 8/19/02 11:22 a.m.
                 Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2DarkJedi613 8/19/02 11:30 a.m.
                       Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2axion 8/19/02 11:55 a.m.
                       Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2Razorback 8/19/02 12:01 p.m.
                             Re: CorrectionRazorback 8/19/02 12:13 p.m.
     Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2Cunbelin@Work 8/19/02 11:53 a.m.
           Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2Mad Cow 8/19/02 8:52 p.m.
                 Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2Cunbelin Troll Keeper 8/20/02 2:30 a.m.
     Re: Melee sugestion for Halo 2BOLL 8/20/02 4:53 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.