glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Comments about movie-making... (long post)
Posted By: Halo-Wannabe <halo_wannabe@yahoo.com>Date: 6/11/02 8:30 a.m.

In Response To: Some thoughts on movie-making... (Louis Wu)

: We got a new movie from Halo-Wannabe recently, and I thought I'd use it to
: make some points about Halo movie-making. I didn't talk to H-W about this
: - so if you have a problem with what I say, gripe to me, not him.
: In my opinion, this has many features which recommend it as a Halo fan clip;
: I'm not saying it's the best movie I've ever seen, or that everyone should
: try to copy it - I'm saying that if we use it as an example of what can be
: done RIGHT, more good (fun) halo clips might be forthcoming.

Thanks, Louis, but the truth is, you did an excellent job compressing my huge movie to a small and instantly downloadable (at least for me - I love DSL :)) .mov file. Kudos to the king of kompression! ;)

Anyway, while we are on the subject, this was my first movie, and I'd like to take a minute to thank everybody more thoroughly than I did in the movie. Thanks to Nemesis (sp?) for discovering the temporary invincibility trick. Thanks to xbill and FrogBlast for first attempting (or at least, first documenting) the practice of grenade jumping in conjunction with Nemesis' trick in order to get some mad air. MUCH thanks, of course, go to Randy Glass, the father of Warthog Jumping and the best damn warthog jumper this side of the planet Reach. I just hope one day I can reach his level of warthog jumping skillz. Thanks to Louis, again, for converting my movie, and thanks to my son, for helping me perform some of the stunts and helping me to choose the music. (I know that this thank-you list is longer than the actual movie itself ;), but I believe in credit where it's due, because I can assure you I would never have dreamed of doing anything like this if these people hadn't been so great - Thanks guys!)

Anyway, about the movie I made, I just wanted to point out a couple of interesting things I discovered while I was recording this movie. First of all, when a person (or a Master Chief, anyway) is in the warthog, if it flips over, normally he will fall out. However, when the warthog is "falling upward," he will stay in the warthog no matter how much it flips, as long as he survives the initial blast, and as long as the warthog doesn't hit anything, i.e. trees, on the way up (which made this movie take a long time... guess that revert to saved button got pretty worn out ;)), until it starts to fall back down again. Secondly, I believe there was much speculation that came about in the recent "challenge to get to the bottom of the level halo" that by using a warthog, one could delay the infamous fall-timer, at least until he falls out of the 'hog. I believe after what I've seen in my free-time (i.e. time away from the old cubicle) that the fall-timer still is intact even ifyou are in a warthog. Or maybe (probably?) I'm just a few hotdogs shy of a picinc ;) I'm just hopng that somehow, in some twisted, demented sort of way, this info can be used to help someone (*cough cough FrogBlast cough*) reahc the bottom of Halo.

Oh, and one more thing, because this is my first movie, I would greatly appreciate any (constructive) comments about it because I know it's not wonderful, and any tips would be greatly appreciated... I plan on making another Halo movie later on this summer... I'm hoping and planning it to be much better than this one, if not in a slightly different vein...

Damn, this is a long post! I'm very sorry... just had a lot on my mind...

: Hope this helps future movie makers!

Me, too! :)

~Halo-Wannabe.

Message Index

Replies:

Some thoughts on movie-making...Louis Wu 6/11/02 5:38 a.m.
     Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Tarrsk 6/11/02 5:54 a.m.
     Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...oldmano'theC 6/11/02 6:46 a.m.
     Comments about movie-making... (long post)Halo-Wannabe 6/11/02 8:30 a.m.
           Re: Comments about movie-making... (long post)Nemesis_007 6/11/02 8:39 p.m.
           Re: Comments about movie-making... (long post)R.G. 6/11/02 11:26 p.m.
     I agree :)Djoey154 6/11/02 9:00 a.m.
     Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Warbow 6/11/02 9:51 a.m.
           PS- Good Movie, H-W. *NM*Warbow 6/11/02 9:57 a.m.
                 Any ideas on how I could've made it better? *NM*Halo-Wannabe 6/11/02 11:02 a.m.
                       Well...vector40 6/11/02 5:38 p.m.
                             Re: Well...Halo-Wannabe 6/12/02 12:30 a.m.
     Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...SpudBoy 6/11/02 11:02 a.m.
           Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Halo-Wannabe 6/11/02 2:35 p.m.
                 Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Warbow 6/11/02 4:12 p.m.
                       Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Tarrsk 6/11/02 4:31 p.m.
                             Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Warbow 6/11/02 4:42 p.m.
                             Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Hickadam 6/13/02 2:16 a.m.
           Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Skavenger_s7 6/12/02 9:34 a.m.
     SORENSEN SQUEEZE ROCKS BABY, YEAH! *NM*Wimoo Wiimsly 6/11/02 12:14 p.m.
     Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Skavenger_s7 6/12/02 9:10 a.m.
           Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Louis Wu 6/12/02 10:16 a.m.
                 I agreeMiguel Chavez 6/12/02 11:00 p.m.
           Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Halo-Wannabe 6/12/02 12:21 p.m.
           If it matters to you...vector40 6/13/02 2:09 a.m.
                 Re: If it matters to you...Skavenger_s7 6/13/02 9:33 p.m.
     Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Hickadam 6/13/02 2:03 a.m.
           Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...vector40 6/13/02 2:13 a.m.
           That nasty virus...Louis Wu 6/13/02 4:34 a.m.
           Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Halo-Wannabe 6/13/02 9:29 a.m.
                 Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Hickadam 6/13/02 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Some thoughts on movie-making...Halo-Wannabe 6/13/02 9:23 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.