Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

frozen banshee pilots...
Posted By: oldmano'theCDate: 6/8/02 12:48 a.m.

..anyone have any ideas how to pry them out? this is all part of trying to get all the way down Halo level alive. i thought if i could get the 'shee to go vertical, i might get the elite to fall out (after all, the MC does), but also found that when they freeze, they freeze with the pedal to the metal, making it very hard to push the 'shee around with a warthog and have much control over it.

btw, repeated melees on the frozen pilots' feet (which stick out the back of the 'shee) produced naught but bruised knuckles. same result bashing the small portions of the elites that stick out the sides.

other info: by nudging a co-op MC through the rock walls in various places, i found out a couple of things:

1) the banshees do spawn from the void with pilots in place, rather than being parked somewhere that might be sniped at ;-{ . but they don't always spawn at the same place, it seems. in two runs through that scene, the first time they appeared just above the ground near the juncture of the streams, a few tens of meters from the lifepod that has the sniper rifle. until they notice you, they chase each other's tails in a very tight circle. i tried sniping at them in this run, to no avail (as usual). second run they spawned above the mushroom-cap outcrop of rock you see when looking toward the halo in the sky from the lifepod mentioned above. where they spawn may also depend on which rescue scene you do first.
2) there are no geometry structures that might be "walked" to the bottom -- only the mesa sides go down that far. the well from which the blue beam emits, which i think is the deepest normally accessible structure in the scene, goes about half-way to the bottom. don't know about the bottom of the pit under the lightbridge, though, it may go deeper. however, i don't think the ground-floor geometry extends under that portion, though the invisible barrier probably does.

status report: getting a 'shee out of the hands of the elites is looking more & more like the only way down alive, and it may therefore be impossible.

Message Index

Replies:

frozen banshee pilots...oldmano'theC 6/8/02 12:48 a.m.
     Where is Frogblast!dolbex 6/8/02 1:17 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.