Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: FrogBlast...
Posted By: Louis Wu <halo@bungie.org>Date: 5/5/02 4:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: FrogBlast... (PCDestroyer)

: I wasn't the first to do so with the tank?

: Thought you said someone submitted something like that with the warthog...
: which I've explained (as I tried it to) is not very effective and omitted
: from my post.

: Mine is with the Scorpion... not the Warthog... and it works.

: I'd just like to get credit... unless of course someone submitted that it can
: be done with the tank before I did...

: If they just said the Warthog, and you count that for the Tank... that would
: be like counting getting to the bottom of AotCR on foot as the same as
: doing so on top of the pelican... or any other vehicle. It's different...
: whilst being the same.

: Jus my thoughts on it...

::sigh::

Okay, here's the thing.

The Tricks section is getting rather full - and it's hard to find things. That means it's time to start looking at what's getting submitted with a more critical eye. (Yes, this sucks for new submitters. Such is life.)

Geeoff submitted a trick a few days ago - it showed a glitch in the Halo engine. Specifically, it showed that when guns get too close to clipping planes, things like walls suddenly lose their opacity (indeed, their substance). This is most easily shown with vehicle-mounted weapons. Geeoff used a jeep.

You used a tank. I suggested that it was the same trick, but a different example, and if you could get me documentation before the trick was posted, I'd be happy to add your example (and give you credit for it).

Yesterday, Nemesis posted a note here on the forum, showing yet ANOTHER example of this trick - this time, with a Ghost. It's still 'get a vehicle-based weapon very close to a wall, and you can shoot through it, while being protected from shots coming from the other side' - but it's a THIRD demonstration/example, using a different vehicle.

This is NOT the same thing as 'getting down from the first bridge on foot' vs 'getting down on a pelican' - in that case, you're showing two different sets of skills. (The first shows a technique that ANYONE - regardless of dexterity - can accomplish; all they really need to know is 1) where to leave from and 2) what, exactly, to do with the joysticks on the way down. The second shows the far more nimble Halo player where you might jump from to make it down on a pelican... but there's ZERO guarantee that any particular player would be able to reproduce this.)

Eep - I gotta go again. Hopefully, this makes sense.

Message Index

Replies:

NEW never before seen Sidewinder TRICK!PCDestroyer 5/3/02 7:35 p.m.
     FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/3/02 7:45 p.m.
           Re: FrogBlast...FrogBlast 5/3/02 8:10 p.m.
                 Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/3/02 9:10 p.m.
                       Re: FrogBlast...Louis Wu 5/3/02 9:37 p.m.
                             Re: FrogBlast...Destr0yer 5/3/02 11:28 p.m.
                             Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/4/02 1:21 p.m.
                                   Re: FrogBlast...Louis Wu 5/4/02 3:37 p.m.
                                         Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/5/02 2:34 p.m.
                                               Re: FrogBlast...Louis Wu 5/5/02 4:29 p.m.
                                                     Re: FrogBlast...PCDestroyer 5/6/02 9:52 a.m.
                                                           Re: FrogBlast...FrogBlast 5/6/02 9:58 a.m.
                                                           Credit, and why it sucks.Louis Wu 5/6/02 10:53 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.