Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Wrong- where do you get your info?
Posted By: xbill <email4xbill@yahoo.com>Date: 5/2/02 12:56 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Wrong- where do you get your info? (Ryan)

: Is there a reason you are being such a nit-picky bastard? If you don't like
: me, that's fine. Just because you are an exceptional Halo player, and I
: have a slight weakness in my spelling area (mainly due to a lack of
: enthusiasm)is NO reason to act like such a prick. Got me? I don't know
: where YOU get off bashing what I had to say. Go ahead, try it for
: yourself, I'm right, and you'll find out if you try it. Or, you can go on
: being a bitch. The choice is yours.

Nit-picky bastard? Prick? Bitch?

It's not that I don't like you. I don't even know you. Although, now I have a better understanding of your personality.

Whether or not I'm an exceptional Halo player, or whether on not you have weaknesses is debatable, but those have nothing to do with this.

As for bashing you, or your info? It's unfortunate that you feel I was bashing. I pointed out some things you stated that were incorrect.

I could have used some language. I could have called you some names, but from my experience, that doesn't solve anything. Also, there are some younger visitors here, who I don't think need to be exposed to the language.
Maybe it makes you feel better to call me names, but you're not addressing the issues.

You urged Nar-Dwm to use "your" stategy instead of his own. He was asking for help about the locked door he encountered after he jumped off the first bridge.

When you jump off the first bridge, you don't get a sniper rifle, or a rocket laucher, and the Marines don't have them either. Without the sniper rifle, or the rocket launcher, it makes it much more difficult to get the first Banshee down. You might be able to do it with the Scorpion's main gun, but you don't have a good scope to view the target. It's easier to go get the Banshee sitting on the ground at the end of the first canyon.

Yes, you can shoot down the Banshee from the high platform, and fly through the canyon when you have the rocket launcher and the sniper rifle, but that has nothing to do with the Covenant appearing, or the locked doors as you stated. Getting that Banshee this way has been documented for some time.

You chose to give him your incorrect info and "brag" about your dubious "brilliant" strategy on Legendary.

Then you respond in an explosive manner.

Perhaps I was a little too critical. Maybe you interpreted my criticism as bashing, or singling you out to pick on. That was not my intention.

This is a forum, that's what forums are for - rational discussions/debates, sharing information, and hopefully, facts. If you post something here, it will get scrutinized. If you can't handle that, then don't post, go somewhere else.

I'm not perfect. I don't claim to be. I can admit when I'm wrong, or when I goofed up. I can forgive the bad spelling. I'm not an ace speller myself.

I try to keep the facts straight, especially with tips, or in reply to questions for help.

Responding to scrutany in the volatile manner you did was unecessary.

As for you being right? Well, perhaps I should not have used the word
"wrong," because it's not really a matter of who's right and who's wrong. Some of your information is incorrect, and ultimately was of no help to Nar-Dwm.

Message Index

Replies:

first brirdge on AotCRben ranum 4/24/02 8:54 p.m.
     Are you new here?xbill 4/24/02 9:01 p.m.
           Re: Are you new here?Rhuno 4/24/02 9:14 p.m.
           Re: Are you new here?Pookiel 4/24/02 9:15 p.m.
                 Re: Are you new here?xbill 4/24/02 9:33 p.m.
                 Re: Are you new here?Louis Wu 4/25/02 4:12 a.m.
           Re: Are you new here?ben ranum 4/24/02 9:23 p.m.
                 Re: Are you new here?xbill 4/24/02 9:42 p.m.
           Re: Are you new here?circussclown 4/24/02 9:28 p.m.
                 Smack the sleepersxbill 4/24/02 9:55 p.m.
                       Re: Smack the sleepersxbill 4/24/02 10:25 p.m.
           Re: Are you new here?Veebs 4/24/02 9:40 p.m.
                 Totally possible in single player.xbill 4/24/02 9:53 p.m.
                       Re: Totally possible in single player.Veebs 4/24/02 9:55 p.m.
           Here's the movie - Single Playerxbill 4/24/02 10:39 p.m.
                 Re: Here's the movie - Single PlayerFrogBlast 4/24/02 11:05 p.m.
                       Re: Here's the movie - Single Playerxbill 4/24/02 11:19 p.m.
                 Kickass. :)Louis Wu 4/25/02 4:18 a.m.
                 Re: Here's the movie - Single PlayerRazorback 4/25/02 7:00 a.m.
                       Re: Here's the movie - Single Playerxbill 4/25/02 5:11 p.m.
                             Re: Here's the movie - Single PlayerRazorback 4/26/02 3:03 a.m.
                 Re: Way to go xbill !!!!!!!!Warbow 4/25/02 9:23 a.m.
                       Those dang trees!xbill 4/25/02 4:18 p.m.
                 Re: Here's the movie - Single PlayerRazorback 4/26/02 10:25 a.m.
                       Use the joystickxbill 4/27/02 1:49 a.m.
                             Re: Use the joystickJason 4/27/02 7:49 p.m.
                             Re: Use the joystickHalo-Wannabe 5/4/02 3:32 p.m.
                                   Re: Use the joystickxbill 5/4/02 5:36 p.m.
                 Re: Here's the movie - Single PlayerTango6 5/2/02 7:51 a.m.
     Re: first brirdge on AotCRMapMakerGuy 4/24/02 10:26 p.m.
     i finally did it! BUT DOORS ARE LOCKED! AIEEEEE!Nar-Dmw 5/1/02 8:33 p.m.
           Re: i finally did it! BUT DOORS ARE LOCKED! AIEEEERyan 5/1/02 9:01 p.m.
                 Wrong- where do you get your info?xbill 5/1/02 10:24 p.m.
                       Re: Wrong- where do you get your info?Ryan 5/1/02 11:36 p.m.
                             Re: Wrong- where do you get your info?xbill 5/2/02 12:56 a.m.
                                   Re: Wrong- where do you get your info?Ryan 5/2/02 12:00 p.m.
                                         Nah, don't worry about it. It's in the past.xbill 5/2/02 10:48 p.m.
                                               Re: Nah, don't worry about it. It's in the past.vector40 5/2/02 11:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: Nah, don't worry about it. It's in the past.xbill 5/3/02 5:03 p.m.
                                                           Re: Nah, don't worry about it. It's in the past.vector40 5/3/02 8:37 p.m.
                                         Re: Wrong- where do you get your info?xbill 5/3/02 5:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Wrong- where do you get your info?vector40 5/2/02 8:22 p.m.
           You must be going to the wrong door.xbill 5/1/02 9:35 p.m.
           Re: i finally did it! BUT DOORS ARE LOCKED! AIEEEENar-Dmw 5/2/02 3:01 p.m.
                 Re: i finally did it! BUT DOORS ARE LOCKED! AIEEEENar-Dmw 5/3/02 12:28 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.