Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.
Posted By: DualApathy <st_riot@hotmail.com>Date: 4/30/02 11:17 p.m.

In Response To: lanching a hunter into orbit. (brad)

: I challenge every one to try to lanch a hunter into orbit.

: What I mean is I want someone to make a video of doing a warthog jump only
: instead of lanching a warthog lanch a hunter.Get a pile of grenades then
: lure a hunter over to the pile of grenades then detonate then grenades
: lanching the hunter that is still alive untill the grenades go off sky
: high. You can do it on any level you want.

Well, I did it...I would have to leave my box on for a couple days to get a camera to document it; I dont think its really worth it (also after triggering it, I was very far from a checkpoint). In AotCR, I accidently froze 2/4 hunters I had gathered at the large pillar in the third chasm. This apparently happened when I drove my partner and I (on tank) from the checkpoint in the tunnel (past deep pit, towards 3rd chasm) to the deep pit [load] then back out [load]. From what ive heard on freezing, that isnt really the way it is supposed to be done (or I just dont get it). What was odd is that only two froze, one stuck in a wall and the other just outside the door to the pillar. Two others walked around the frozens freely.
Anyway, however that happened I blasted the outer Hunter with a ton of tank shells and stuck plasmas on him (very nice trails). I left a player there and took the other back down toeards the deep pit, and about halfway through the steep rocky enclosed slope leading to the underground tunnels, the Hunter went flying. Not enough to break orbit, Im afraid, but it did appear to go over the height of the pillar. I didnt catch where he landed and got tired of looking for the body...
So, hurrah, Hunter launched. I can also now say Ive seen frozen hunters, which seems to be a rarity.

What I would REALLY like to see is someone _somehow_ get a Wraith frozen and charge that sucker up with explosions. A Wraith sailing through the lower atmosphere would be quite a sight. Make sure you have a sniper rifle...
Personally I never freeze things on purpose, so Im not too good at it. I would assume that the manner in which I froze these two hunters would have worked on the Wraith if it were not dead...

wave
You wave.
save
Saved...
quit
%%%Disconnected from server%%%

Message Index

Replies:

lanching a hunter into orbit.brad 4/29/02 12:26 a.m.
     Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.Finch 4/29/02 1:57 a.m.
           Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.tango6 4/29/02 9:54 a.m.
                 Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.FrogBlast 4/29/02 10:21 a.m.
                       Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.FrogBlast 4/29/02 10:22 a.m.
                       Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.tango6 4/29/02 10:28 a.m.
     Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.R.G. 4/29/02 1:58 p.m.
     Re: lanching a hunter into orbit.DualApathy 4/30/02 11:17 p.m.
     Launched! Sub-orbital, but alive...um,until Boom!xbill 4/30/02 11:18 p.m.
           Re: Launched! Sub-orbital, but alive...um,until BoDualApathy 4/30/02 11:25 p.m.
                 Re: Launched! Sub-orbital, but alive...um,until Boxbill 5/1/02 5:32 p.m.
                       Re: Launched! Sub-orbital, but alive...um,until BoFrogBlast 5/1/02 10:51 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.