glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

A theory of my own concerning the Forerunners...
Posted By: The Iceman <theblast00@hotmail.com>Date: 4/6/02 8:37 p.m.

I have heard many theories regarding how the Humans, Covenant, and the Forerunner all relate. I have had a little time to think and I think I came up with a pretty good theory myself. Listen to this; would it make sense that the Forerunners aren't what people think. What if the Forerunners are the planters of the galaxy? Chew on this for a sec.

I would figure that the Forerunners were either the first or one of the first sentient beings in the universe and that they saw that their species was coming to an end. I would speculate that the Flood is the cause. As a last ditch effort to keep the species alive, they plant their DNA in every possible alien species evolving into what they think will be sentient. This DNA is routed so that their achievements and developments will evolve with the species. (Hence the same symbols with the covenant that are seen on Halo and when 343GS remarks about seeing the Mjolnir armor on the MC before.)

They construct the Halos and 343 GS and kill off themselves and any other sentient beings at the time to stop the flood spread. The species they implanted the DNA in were not affected as they weren't sentient yet. The species evolved and discovered Halo. One might ask if the Flood killed off the Forerunners, why keep them alive on Halo? My final thought would be that when the new beings discover them, the Forerunners hoped they could figure out a way to destroy them or learn from them. (I don't know how, but it is a thought.)

This theory may have holes in it, but please respond with what you think

Message Index

Replies:

A theory of my own concerning the Forerunners...The Iceman 4/6/02 8:37 p.m.
     Forerunner = Tolkien's Elves?!?!? J/KCrappy Sniper 4/17/02 8:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.