Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Battle of the Bay Rocked
Posted By: Psyrixx <psyrixx@psyjnir.com>Date: 3/31/02 1:54 a.m.

"God damnit! God damnit! LEFT lane!" Psyrixx swirved the 1993 Ford Thunderbird across two lanes to make the exit. "WHY don't CAL-TRANS put the f*cking exit signs on the same side of the road as the exit?!" The white vehicle coasted off of the highly busy freeway into the streets of San Francisco. "Now what's next?"

"Take a right on fifth street," Ac1DF1R3 read off of the directions sheet printed from MapQuest.

"A right? Ok." Fifth street was visible only a block away. "A right, right?"

"Yes," Ac1DF1R3 confirmed.

Psyrixx steered the borrowed vessel onto 5th Street and avoided bicicle riders going the wrong way down a one-way street. "Damn, now I remember why I hate the city."

A few blocks later, the Hilton Towers of San Francisco was visible and after asking the valet captain at the front of the hotel where to park, the car was driven through the parking lot garage up and onto level 7. He pulled into an open spot.

"Well, we're here. Let's commence with the carnage!"

Psyrixx and Ac1DF1R3 made their way down to the lobby and, with the help of a security officer, found the conference room in which the Battle of the Bay was being held. After paying the $15 entry fee, they dropped their equipment off at a vacant table and eagerly awaited the commencement of carnage.

Five minutes later, a warm up match was announced and as there were already enough X-Boxes and TV's around for everyone currently there to wreak havok on, Psyrixx didn't bother to set his X-Box up. He took a seat in front of a moderately sized TV and began creating a new profile for himself. As he entered his name, he noticed an attendee two seats down from him glance over at him rather suddenly and then slowly turn and pretend to divert his attention elsewhere.

Upon completion of his profile, the owner of the X-Box navigated to the Profile Selection screen and Psyrixx chose his character. He watched as the others selected their own Profiles. Ac1DF1R3, Rand0md00d, and Vector.

Vector? Now it was Psyrixx's turn to glance. Vector40... from the HBO Forums. How... interesting. Psyrixx returned to the game.

So yes. I have, in fact, met the infamous Vector40 from these very forums. He's actually a nice guy and I enjoyed making fun of him in person probably as much as he enjoyed making fun of me. Yes, it's easier to distinguish sarcasm from seriousness when he speaks in real life. Though he wasn't serious very often during the Battle.

...or maybe he really did sleep with my mom all those different ways.

The highlights of the Battle, for me anyways, were:

1.) Yes, we did park on level 7. :)

2.) Plentiful soda.

3.) I brought my gum.

4.) I have indeed proved myself the Rocket Whore, making repeated shots from across Sidewinder, Blood Gulch, and Hang 'em High and taking out Jeeps, Ghosts, and Tanks with one well-placed shot.

5.) I beat Vector in two games, a 2 vs 3 team deathmatch game (me, vector vs. random): I had 30 kills, Vector had 20, and a 5 person FFA invisible snipers game: I had 15 kills, Vector had... well, something three people lower than me. The second place player had 9 kills so Vector had some amount less than nine kills.

6.) Myself, Pfhor, Ac1DF1R3, and G-man (my shorthand version of his full name), who consider ourselves to be the best four man halo team in this area, took on twelve others in Team Deathmatch on Blood Gulch using only human weapons. The final score was Them: 50, Us: 48.

7.) Vector joined our four man team to make it five on eleven Team Deathmatch on Wizard using only human weapons. Them: 50, Us: 49.

8.) I created a very humorously fun gametype for one more five on eleven game, an Assault game with invisible snipers, no shields, infinite grenades, and no on screen indicators at all. Most of the people told me I was "fucked up" or "diseased" or "just plain sick" and left the game. They just don't understand my genius.

9.) Bungie sent us T-Shirts. :D

10.) The last act of the evening. I shan't give any details, however I will say that you will probably be seeing a video or two up on the interweb displaying our antics.

That's about it. It was an awesome evening. :D

Message Index

Replies:

Battle of the Bay RockedPsyrixx 3/31/02 1:54 a.m.
     It sure did.Appleicious 3/31/02 3:33 a.m.
           BTWAppleicious 3/31/02 4:01 a.m.
                 Re: BTWTarrsk 3/31/02 6:18 a.m.
                       Awesome.Allenthar 3/31/02 12:20 p.m.
                             ehehehPsyrixx 3/31/02 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: BTWNatas 4/3/02 11:34 p.m.
                             Battle of the Bay 2 (Summer 2002)Natas 4/3/02 11:46 p.m.
     Re: Battle of the Bay Rockedvector40 3/31/02 5:13 p.m.
           Re: Battle of the Bay Rockedvector40 3/31/02 5:23 p.m.
           Re: Zappa-doodle-dooTarrsk 3/31/02 6:19 p.m.
           Re: Battle of the Bay RockedPsyrixx 3/31/02 7:14 p.m.
           Re: Battle of the Bay RockedAllenthar 3/31/02 8:14 p.m.
                 Re: Battle of the Bay Rockedvector40 3/31/02 8:52 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.