Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)
Posted By: Parias <alvandyk@shaw.ca>Date: 3/29/02 8:03 p.m.

During a recent XBox rental (for the sole purpose of playing Halo, of course), myself and a buddy of mine decided to abuse my TV tuner and record some footage of our screwball exploits for later reference. Anyways, I recently got it into my noggin to collate various clips into a single music video. And thus was born "Drivin' Drunk"! This movie shows all of the things you should NOT do when you're testing for your official Warthog Driver's License. This is my first music video, well, ever, so go easy on me :) A very, very large thanks goes to Louis for compressing it to an insanely small file size (the original was around 30 megs) and putting up with my incessant demands to make it "perfect". We luv ya man!

A few things I'd like to point out before you get downloading:

-Split screen. Unfortunately all the footage I had to work with was from our multiplayer co-op games, so occasionally you might have some trouble finding "teh funney" in a given scene. If you see something that doesn't seem to make sense, watch the segment again from the other perspective. I tried to minimize that as much as I could, but most of the footage was from us rolling around in seperate vehicles, so I had to stick with it and do the best I could.

-I know, the very end of the movie has the music cutting off at what seems half a second before it should, but getting everything to line up just right through the whole movie was a real headache, so just be happy it all worked out as well as it did :)

-All footage was recorded on The Maw and Attack On The Control Room. Might seem a bit limited, but you can't really get in very many screwed up accidents in Silent Cartographer, and we didn't feel like making a run through Two Betrayals again :) Hopefully it doesn't stand out all that much though.

-Drunk driving. Just say "No" kids!

With that out of the way, I'd like to thank the Halo community for releasing so many original and kick-ass movie pieces (the first time I saw Warthog Jump, I was preparing to sue the author for problems with my heart after laughing so hard), Bonk for both his whrun_n piece and all the movies he's released on his site that convinced me renting an XBox to play Halo was definately worth it, Frogblast for, well, it doesn't need to be said, and all of the contributing members to the Maw 700 Contest 2, who's contributions drove the final nail in the coffin and convinced me to give movie making a try. Oh, and the people who pointed me to Adobe Premiere too.. definately a great program once you figure it out.

Comments, suggestions, or general "You suck" responses are welcome, of course.

Eh, enough fluff, here's the damn movie already :)

Drivin' Drunk

Message Index

Replies:

Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)Parias 3/29/02 8:03 p.m.
     Credit AddendumParias 3/29/02 8:57 p.m.
     Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)Matt J. 3/29/02 9:14 p.m.
           Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)Mr_Zig 3/29/02 9:16 p.m.
           Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)vector40 3/29/02 10:50 p.m.
                 Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)Mr_Zig 3/29/02 10:51 p.m.
                       Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)vector40 3/29/02 10:54 p.m.
                             Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie) *NM*Mr_Zig 3/29/02 10:56 p.m.
                                   Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)Mr_Zig 3/29/02 11:04 p.m.
                             I concur. *NM*Parias 3/29/02 10:59 p.m.
     Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)FrogBlast 3/30/02 2:08 a.m.
           Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)Parias 3/30/02 2:38 a.m.
                 Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)Mr_Zig 3/30/02 11:12 a.m.
     Re: Kids, don't drink and drive.. (Movie)The halo and sonic fan 3/30/02 5:59 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.