Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of Events
Posted By: Tim Wilk <twilk@triad.rr.com>Date: 3/10/02 10:46 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of Events (vector40)

: Good Lord.

: This is like developer soap opera.

: So, to clarify: Island Four [sic] consisted of Nathan, and you, and... what?
: Did anything ever actually come of it? I mean, as little as an idea for
: a game, or whatever?

He had hired, err spent money on two other people that have since fallen off the earth. Randy? some military guy that I never met, and Bitner only spoke with via phone and Eric, who turned out to be very set in his ways of design. Bitner said, I never saw it, that Eric had created a logo(s) and some other work, something with a dragon. Supposedly, when Bitner tried to get him to change it, he refused, then there was an argument, and Bitner just threw some money at him.

Wonder if that check cleared?

To summarize, I4 had a total of 5 employees, if you could call them that, Nathan, Gemini (she did some lame-o high school pot head artwork that looked sorta cool under black lights), Eric, Randy, and me. Seems that Eric is the only one that got any money out of him. Gemini just got a place to live for a while, and Randy probably didn't give a fuck.

As far as the game idea itself, I'm not sure I want to disclose all of it, as some of the stuff was very workable. It's no Halo, but it would still make a cool game. I can tell you that Bitner had wanted it to revolve strongly around astrology, so we did do a lot of research on the matter, but that was mostly for story line. It would have been very "branchable" if that's a word, in which the story would take multiple paths at various points.

I had conceived a marketing plan that I think Meg would enjoy to rev the hype engine up. No it wasn't the Sharon letters, even though I wrote them, they were Bitner's idea.

Tim

Message Index

Replies:

Island Four (pretty long) Story of EventsTim Wilk 3/10/02 3:13 p.m.
     Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of Eventsvector40 3/10/02 3:47 p.m.
           Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of EventsTim Wilk 3/10/02 10:46 p.m.
     Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of Eventspoena.dare #CP# 3/10/02 3:57 p.m.
           Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of EventsTim Wilk 3/10/02 10:54 p.m.
     Good lord...Ilium Rise 3/10/02 9:46 p.m.
           Re: Good lord...vector40 3/10/02 9:56 p.m.
                 Re: Good lord...Tim Wilk 3/10/02 10:57 p.m.
           Re: Good lord...Tim Wilk 3/10/02 10:56 p.m.
                 Re: Good lord...Just Curious 3/11/02 2:01 p.m.
     Aw man, that really sucks.archon 3/11/02 1:08 a.m.
     Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of Eventssonicstorm 3/11/02 1:49 a.m.
     ThanksAppleicious 3/11/02 2:24 a.m.
           Re: ThanksMnemonic 3/11/02 7:37 a.m.
     Re: Island Four (pretty long) Story of Eventsfoo 3/13/02 4:11 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.