Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Forerunner/Covenant and the Flood
Posted By: ZeroRavenX <dilandsid@aol.com>Date: 3/8/02 5:33 p.m.

I believe that the Covenant and Forerunner believed and worshipped the same gods as equals. However, I also believe they under went a massive religious reform movement that separated the Forerunner from the Covenant -- much like the Christians split back in the day as Catholics and Protestants.

This would explain their identical markings around on Halo and Elites backs and such. I also believe that the Covenant (as they have shown towards the humans) broke away from the orignal religion as they show a violent nature (This builds up to why Master Chief is called "Reclaimer")(I guess the Islamic religion would be a better analogy as some are peaceful.. and others violent) This would explain the reasons why the Forerunner ain't around -- wiped out by their violent brethern for religious differences.

I think the Flood may have been created by the Forerunner as well. The Flood may be a bioweapon designed to destroy the Covnant. However, while the Forerunner were studying/creating the Flood the Covenant found out and intercepted them.

This would also explain why the Covenant "tried pretty hard to lock it down" -- that is, keep the Humans from releasing Flood because the Covenant know the full extent of the consequences of the Flood. They know the flood were desiged to kill them, and "fear" the flood as Cortana made clear.

This also shows that Guilty Spark was talking about the Humans when he said "That other race seems so bent on accessing restricted areas."

All this could be a reason why Master Chief is called the "Reclaimer" Guilty Spark mistakes him for a survivor of the Forerunner and sees him as a reclaimer to the facilty and the "true" religion of the Covenant.

All of this is just a theory of course, ;) Send me your comments

Message Index

Replies:

Forerunner/Covenant and the FloodZeroRavenX 3/8/02 5:33 p.m.
     Re: Forerunner/Covenant and the FloodShadowBorg 3/8/02 6:24 p.m.
     Made me think about something...Patroclus 3/8/02 6:30 p.m.
           Re: Made me think about something...Tarrsk 3/9/02 12:46 a.m.
                 Re: Made me think about something...DaNewb 3/9/02 9:46 a.m.
                       Re: Made me think about something...doc 3/9/02 10:01 a.m.
                       Re: Made me think about something...doc 3/9/02 10:13 a.m.
                             Re: Made me think about something...ZeroRavenX 3/9/02 1:45 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.