Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.
Posted By: Phoenix_9286 <Ian.Sechler@gmail.com>Date: 3/1/13 5:47 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud. (General Vagueness)

: You have a point, but even if there wasn't a problem, it still should've had
: adjustable audio. I've seen people have bringing this up since Halo 3 and
: I'm sure it goes back to the original game, it's ridiculous that we still
: don't have it.

How is it ridiculous? Just because many other games have it and Halo doesn't? Has it occurred to you that, perhaps in the past, Bungie intended the player to have a specific auditory experience and that introducing some sort of audio control beyond the master on your TV was going against their wishes?

This is, after all, how movies work. How music works. How TV works. Someone masters the audio, chooses what will be the best experience, and delivers it. You don't get to walk into a theater and decide the dialog is too quiet, or the music is too loud and alter it accordingly. Perhaps Halo has always gone against the grain with regards to letting the end user alter the audio mix, but I'm ok with it. In my eyes, it makes a certain amount of sense. If in future Halo titles, now that 343 has control, we get control over specific audio elements, it still won't bother me. It'll be an extra nicety. I'll be thankful it's there, and I might even use it, but I won't lament that Bungie never gave me one and mark it against them.

I'm sure someone like Cody Miller could walk in here and talk at length about how not giving the player control over the audio is destroying gaming because games aren't movies and TV shows and how if you don't care you're both stupid and should just go watch a movie. Personally, I think if Bungie wanted to make Halo slightly more cinematic in tone by having a preset audio mix I have zero control over, that's just fine. It's a creative choice, and I respect it.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 5 needs an Audio slider.bryan newman 2/28/13 4:46 a.m.
     Re: Halo 5 needs an Audio slider.iForge 2/28/13 11:11 a.m.
           Re: Halo 5 needs an Audio slider.}SoC{BrownSound 2/28/13 12:35 p.m.
                 Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.Phoenix_9286 2/28/13 10:10 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/28/13 10:15 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.Phoenix_9286 2/28/13 10:23 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.uberfoop 3/1/13 1:30 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.Phoenix_9286 3/1/13 3:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:35 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.Gravemind 2/28/13 10:42 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:33 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.Phoenix_9286 3/1/13 5:47 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.RC Master 3/1/13 6:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 4 is overbearingly loud.Phoenix_9286 3/1/13 6:17 p.m.
     Re: Halo 5 needs an Audio slider.Jironimo 2/28/13 2:59 p.m.
     Why should we do the work?Kermit 3/1/13 6:19 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.