Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*
Posted By: thebruce0 <g.may@thebruce.net>Date: 3/1/13 9:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP* (RC Master)

: What are you talking about?

: Broadly speaking, Spartan Ops was created in two batches: Episodes 1-5 &
: and Episodes 6-10. They only released them one each week. More Game of
: Thrones than Saturday Night Live. You clearly don't understand the
: realities of test/quality passes, especially with CGI. You certainly don't
: get voice actors in every week to record a couple of lines - that's
: insane.

What bryan said.

And yes, while my words said "weekly", the spirit of my comment was in regards to whatever period of time is available to make changes. In this case, if each block is entirely set in stone the moment it's downloaded for the 5 weeks, then they can't make changes. But for sure if there's still time to make changes to the next batch (whether it's CG or mission content or map design or sound or...) to improve it based on feedback they received over the current batch, they can take that opportunity.

Also, "you clearly don't understand..." crossed the line. I do understand; please don't make sweeping personal criticisms. If I'm wrong, correct me, don't attack. I didn't think about my statement regarding weekly production or about the fact (we all know) that we downloaded weeks in batches. That was wrong. But the spirit of my comment remains intact and accurate -- as long as there is time to make adjustments (dependent on the nature of the adjustment), they can and will be done if feasible; and more-so for shorter period productions (whether weekly, monthly, bi-annually, whatever). And with SpOps being a much shorter production period, there is more opportunity to respond to public feedback and improve before the next release.

http://halo.thebruce.net

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Revenant1988 2/28/13 6:38 a.m.
     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)pete_the_duck 2/28/13 8:01 a.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Revenant1988 2/28/13 8:16 a.m.
                 "We couldn’t figure out how the story ended."mr_mcmurder 2/28/13 8:33 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)DarkReign2021 3/1/13 12:50 a.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)thebruce0 2/28/13 8:57 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)pete_the_duck 2/28/13 9:02 a.m.
                       Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Jaydee 2/28/13 11:35 a.m.
                             Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 2/28/13 12:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Revenant1988 2/28/13 12:53 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 2/28/13 1:40 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*bryan newman 2/28/13 1:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 2/28/13 3:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*bryan newman 2/28/13 8:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 3/1/13 6:59 a.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 9:11 a.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 3/1/13 2:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 5:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Louis Wu 2/28/13 3:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Leviathan 2/28/13 5:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 9:14 a.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Louis Wu 3/1/13 1:25 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 1:41 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*DEEP NNN 3/1/13 2:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 5:14 p.m.
           "What if in the end of season 2....bryan newman 2/28/13 12:40 p.m.
                 the phones... RANG?" *NM*munky-058 2/28/13 12:51 p.m.
                 Re: "What if in the end of season 2....bluerunner 2/28/13 4:00 p.m.
                       Re: "What if in the end of season 2....Gravemind 2/28/13 6:43 p.m.
                       Totally using this. *NM*MoltenSlowa 3/1/13 12:44 a.m.
                 Re: "What if in the end of season 2....General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:49 p.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Quirel 2/28/13 12:41 p.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.