Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*
Posted By: Revenant1988 <revenant1988.xbl@gmail.com>Date: 2/28/13 12:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP* (thebruce0)

: Exactly. I don't like the idea that Spartan Ops is purely written on a whim,
: let alone Halo. But, after reading the bulletin, I think that's an extreme
: conclusion. It sounds more like they have the idea of where it's going,
: but the details don't necessarily line up, or haven't been decided...
: In a way, that's a mechanic of a weekly production where you can change
: things on the fly. You might finalize a last-minute idea which could
: conflict with an idea yet to be implemented down the road, so when you get
: there, it takes work to re-organize the narrative to keep it consistent.
: But the over-arching narrative remains the same, or at least as unaltered
: as feasible given the production.

: I don't think they're like "we have no idea what the next episode will
: be", but more like "let's not set the next episode in stone
: until we realize the current episode and gauge its reception"... or
: something along those lines.
: A benefit to episodic storytelling is that if a new, "cooler" idea
: for something comes along within reasonable time to make a change, you can
: still do it. As opposed to creating the entire story beforehand, and
: hoping the entire story goes over as well as you'd hoped.

: There are benefits and drawbacks to both types of storytelling... I just hope
: 343 isn't being flimsy and whimsical with their own decisions and
: methods... not with my Halo! =/

For me its not even that, its just that sometimes you don't want to know, like you want to be blissfully ignorant about whats going on behind the scenes. I hope that makes sense.

Funny thing about the Pixar mention above; That's how I was taught to write by one of my middle school teachers and that was a lesson that I really liked. Maybe she heard it from them too or something but I found that when we would have to do creative writing it was very helpful.

As much as people or fans say they want to know everything, sometimes its more fun not knowing. That's all I'm trying to say.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Revenant1988 2/28/13 6:38 a.m.
     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)pete_the_duck 2/28/13 8:01 a.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Revenant1988 2/28/13 8:16 a.m.
                 "We couldn’t figure out how the story ended."mr_mcmurder 2/28/13 8:33 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)DarkReign2021 3/1/13 12:50 a.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)thebruce0 2/28/13 8:57 a.m.
                 Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)pete_the_duck 2/28/13 9:02 a.m.
                       Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Jaydee 2/28/13 11:35 a.m.
                             Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 2/28/13 12:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Revenant1988 2/28/13 12:53 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 2/28/13 1:40 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*bryan newman 2/28/13 1:51 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 2/28/13 3:08 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*bryan newman 2/28/13 8:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 3/1/13 6:59 a.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 9:11 a.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*RC Master 3/1/13 2:48 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 5:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Louis Wu 2/28/13 3:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Leviathan 2/28/13 5:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 9:14 a.m.
                                                     Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*Louis Wu 3/1/13 1:25 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 1:41 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*DEEP NNN 3/1/13 2:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary) *SP*thebruce0 3/1/13 5:14 p.m.
           "What if in the end of season 2....bryan newman 2/28/13 12:40 p.m.
                 the phones... RANG?" *NM*munky-058 2/28/13 12:51 p.m.
                 Re: "What if in the end of season 2....bluerunner 2/28/13 4:00 p.m.
                       Re: "What if in the end of season 2....Gravemind 2/28/13 6:43 p.m.
                       Totally using this. *NM*MoltenSlowa 3/1/13 12:44 a.m.
                 Re: "What if in the end of season 2....General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:49 p.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)Quirel 2/28/13 12:41 p.m.
           Re: Halo Bulletin (With SPOPS summary)General Vagueness 3/1/13 4:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.