glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?
Posted By: ApolloDate: 2/28/13 6:14 a.m.

In Response To: Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here? (munky-058)

: So where does the Halo story go from there? I pray for an ODST 2, where you
: are hunting down info on Jul, and with class-based firefight... Yeah...

It's a reasonable guess that Microsoft wants a Halo launch title for the XBOX 720. Although we haven't heard a peep from 343i about their next game, we haven't heard anything about the 720 at all, or any other potential launch titles, so it's not unreasonable to think that they're holding it up their sleeve until they make a full announcement.

Question is, which game will be next? While Halo 5 is not out of the question, some might see it as rushing it out of the gate, perhaps a bit too soon. Maybe they could follow the CoD model, which we all know has proved staggeringly successful, with the franchise alternating between main line games and spin offs every year. ODST, in the same vein as Black Ops, could be a viable spin off franchise for such a purpose. Microsoft could even tout Spartan Ops Season 2 as a 720 launch title.

I like the idea of ODST 2, I think it's got a lot of potential for a wider scope, tying even more into the expanded universe. For the Chief to come back, he'll need an enemy worthy of his attention, which I don't think anyone short of the Flood, the Didact or another Forerunner could warrant. So, it's fair enough to think that the next Halo game could offer slightly smaller enemy, and have the ODSTs take them on.

Message Index

Replies:

So, where does the Halo story go from here?Gravemind 2/28/13 2:25 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?munky-058 2/28/13 2:44 a.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Def Guru 7777 2/28/13 2:51 a.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 3:46 a.m.
                 Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?General Vagueness 2/28/13 1:34 p.m.
                       Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 2:09 p.m.
                             Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 2:10 p.m.
                             Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?General Vagueness 2/28/13 2:50 p.m.
                                   Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 6:11 p.m.
                                         Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?General Vagueness 3/1/13 2:58 p.m.
                       Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Def Guru 7777 2/28/13 3:57 p.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Apollo 2/28/13 6:14 a.m.
           Needs moar Halo Wars 2kornman00 2/28/13 8:36 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Def Guru 7777 2/28/13 2:48 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?bryan newman 2/28/13 4:38 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Dielectric 2/28/13 6:23 p.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Gravemind 2/28/13 6:47 p.m.
     I know where the story goes from here!Captain Spark 2/28/13 6:35 p.m.
     I get the feeling...Quirel 3/1/13 2:02 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.