glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?
Posted By: munky-058 <munky.058@gmail.com>Date: 2/28/13 2:44 a.m.

In Response To: So, where does the Halo story go from here? (Gravemind)

: we're in all likelihood losing a major faction that was introduced and
: seemingly wiped out in the course of one game.

Maybe just that style of Promethean. Maybe wiping out Requiem is 343's way of cleaning their slate with Prometheans. Now they can introduce completely different versions of them from another sword world.

One thing's for certain, and I'm calling it now. There will NOT be a season 2 of Spartan Ops. There would have to be substantial resources put in place to deliver a second ten-episode wave of content that they'd just have to HOPE that people would buy. Is that a risk MS/343 would take?

Unless they slap a significant number of multiplayer maps (and/or a theater patch) and offer the package a la Anniversary or ODST, there's just no way they'll get the sales numbers they're hoping for. Why? Because with no scoring, no theater, and quite frankly, no real replay value, would you buy a second season?

So where does the Halo story go from there? I pray for an ODST 2, where you are hunting down info on Jul, and with class-based firefight... Yeah...

I say look to Republic Commando for the style, ODST for the gameplay, and Black Ops 2 for the replayability options/incentives. Storywise, it could seamlessly fill the gap between the main games in a way that previous Halo games have utterly failed to do.

Message Index

Replies:

So, where does the Halo story go from here?Gravemind 2/28/13 2:25 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?munky-058 2/28/13 2:44 a.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Def Guru 7777 2/28/13 2:51 a.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 3:46 a.m.
                 Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?General Vagueness 2/28/13 1:34 p.m.
                       Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 2:09 p.m.
                             Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 2:10 p.m.
                             Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?General Vagueness 2/28/13 2:50 p.m.
                                   Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?serpx 2/28/13 6:11 p.m.
                                         Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?General Vagueness 3/1/13 2:58 p.m.
                       Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Def Guru 7777 2/28/13 3:57 p.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Apollo 2/28/13 6:14 a.m.
           Needs moar Halo Wars 2kornman00 2/28/13 8:36 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Def Guru 7777 2/28/13 2:48 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?bryan newman 2/28/13 4:38 a.m.
     Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Dielectric 2/28/13 6:23 p.m.
           Re: So, where does the Halo story go from here?Gravemind 2/28/13 6:47 p.m.
     I know where the story goes from here!Captain Spark 2/28/13 6:35 p.m.
     I get the feeling...Quirel 3/1/13 2:02 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.