Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for Slayer
Posted By: Avateur <avateur@gmail.com>Date: 1/15/13 6:54 p.m.

In Response To: Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for Slayer (Louis Wu)

: I played more than 5000 games in Halo 3, and although I'd HEARD about people
: using the Narrows glitch to hide and win, I never once actually
: experienced it myself.

There seems to be something very, very different about how you and I play. Is it TrueSkill related? Seriously. Is it because at higher ranks, people do douchebaggier things? How is that even possible that you never had that happen to you? And apparently you never die to Boltshot in H4, and always beat it, and man, what am I missing here? Seriously?

: I played nearly 5000 Matchmade games in Reach, and though a number of maps
: had exploitable holes like this (mostly Forge creations), I only
: experienced someone using one ONCE.

Did you ever play any community maps? If so, again, how is this even possible?! And I do have witnesses in the games when this stuff happened, people here at HBO. I don't get what you're doing differently than I am. Or if you didn't notice. Or if you're just the luckiest person on the planet (aka you're Master Chief).

: (I did lose an Oddball game on Complex during the two-week period that the
: hole in the building was known about. And it was annoying. It got fixed so
: fast, though, that I only had to experience that once.)

I had more fun watching some HBOers exploit it against me, and I was somehow able to kill one through the wall but I couldn't touch the other. A few games later others did it. But yes, that one got fixed pretty quickly.

: It's rare, the holes get fixed pretty quickly for the most part, and the vast
: majority of players aren't there to spend 15 minutes hiding in the walls.
: Yeah, you can be annoyed by the fact that the holes exist... but you'd be
: pretty hard-pressed to convince me that your frustration over the CONCEPT
: didn't cause you more grief than any in-game frustration you might
: experience.

You seem to be extremely confused here. All I said in my initial post is that this doesn't surprise me, and so I'm just fine. I replied to the fact that someone said people DESERVE TO LOSE if they allow people to pull off these hiding locations in close games, and I gave supporting information from how much it can suck from when it happened in previous games (since I haven't obviously lost a game due to this in H4, but I have lost some in H3). Re-read what I said and why I said it in reply to him.

Message Index

Replies:

Well ... I think this makes me sad.Cardo 8 ATL 1/14/13 5:18 p.m.
     Re: Well ... I think this makes me sad.Chewbaccawakka 1/14/13 5:45 p.m.
     Re: Well ... I think this makes me sad.MacGyver10 1/14/13 6:03 p.m.
           Re: Well ... I think this makes me sad.uberfoop 1/14/13 10:00 p.m.
     Re: Well ... I think this makes me sad.Avateur 1/14/13 6:51 p.m.
     Re: Well ... I think this makes me sad.DEEP NNN 1/14/13 7:06 p.m.
     Thx Eli, I'm going to abuse this in matchmaking! *NM*UnrealCh13f 1/14/13 8:06 p.m.
     What is this?! Is Carney working in 343i too? *NM*ZackDark 1/14/13 8:20 p.m.
     can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for Slayermr_mcmurder 1/14/13 8:37 p.m.
           Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerCardo 8 atl 1/14/13 9:21 p.m.
                 Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerAvateur 1/14/13 10:01 p.m.
                       Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerLouis Wu 1/15/13 7:11 a.m.
                             Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerNsU Soldier 1/15/13 8:40 a.m.
                                   Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerDundre 1/15/13 3:51 p.m.
                                         Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerRC Master 1/15/13 4:45 p.m.
                                               Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerDundre 1/16/13 4:23 p.m.
                             Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerAvateur 1/15/13 6:54 p.m.
                                   Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerLouis Wu 1/15/13 8:45 p.m.
                                         Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerAvateur 1/15/13 9:06 p.m.
                                               Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerLouis Wu 1/16/13 8:35 a.m.
                                                     Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerAvateur 1/16/13 12:34 p.m.
                                                           lol *NM*Louis Wu 1/16/13 1:48 p.m.
                 Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for SlayerGeneral Vagueness 1/14/13 11:56 p.m.
                       Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for Slayeruberfoop 1/15/13 12:05 a.m.
                             Re: can't shoot anyone, irrelevant for Slayerthebruce0 1/15/13 9:39 a.m.
     Way to be responsible, Eli.Gravemind 1/15/13 12:21 p.m.
           Re: Way to be responsible, Eli.NsU Soldier 1/15/13 12:47 p.m.
                 You can tweet @ game devs these days....RC Master 1/15/13 1:28 p.m.
                       You whipersnappers with your twootin'n twitt'n >:[ *NM*Cardo 8 ATL 1/15/13 1:41 p.m.
           Re: Way to be responsible, Eli.Louis Wu 1/15/13 2:28 p.m.
                 Re: Way to be responsible, Eli.Bry 1/15/13 3:56 p.m.
                 Re: Way to be responsible, Eli.Gravemind 1/15/13 5:23 p.m.
                       Re: Way to be responsible, Eli.Cardo 8 ATL 1/15/13 7:17 p.m.
                             and by that logic...Cardo 8 ATL 1/15/13 7:19 p.m.
                                   Re: and by that logic...ZackDark 1/15/13 7:34 p.m.
                                   Difference is...RC Master 1/15/13 7:40 p.m.
                                         Re: Difference is...Cardo 8 atl 1/15/13 11:58 p.m.
                                               Re: Difference is...Gravemind 1/16/13 12:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Difference is...RC Master 1/16/13 8:42 a.m.
                                                     Re: Difference is...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/16/13 9:09 a.m.
                                                           Re: Difference is...RC Master 1/16/13 10:28 a.m.
                                   Re: and by that logic...uberfoop 1/15/13 7:48 p.m.
                                   Campaign ≠ Matchmade MultiplayerGravemind 1/15/13 9:19 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.