Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"
Posted By: darknesshasfallen <Darkneshasfallen@aol.com>Date: 11/23/12 7:24 p.m.

In Response To: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down" (MoltenSlowa)

: "I don't want to Loose all that Bonus XP that I would get otherwise.
: This forces me to set Halo 4 down and play something else."

: No it doesn't. Go back to playing Halo.

No, It really does make me want to stop playing. I love the level system and don't want to waste all the XP i have coming to me (some 40k in bonus for my Commendations)

: What did you do before a progression system?

I played lots of Halo 2/3 before there was the XP system, but now there IS a progression system built off getting XP to unlock armor and new Perks, So it changes the incentive to play now doesn't it?? Comparing why I played Halo 3 to why I play this game is irrelevant, because Halo 3 was a different game. Oh and not to mention Halo 3 had The Skill Rank System... and that was enough incentive to play more and get better back then. So until they release the skill-rank system for this game, I am enjoying the Leveling system with new unlocks for my Load-outs. Ok?

We can't compare what was motivating in other games to what IS motivating me now, because the games are different now. If you look at what all games are moving towards is: Rewarding the player with unlocks for time spent, and higher levels of customization so each persons game experience is different. Halo 3 had only 8 Different Armor types, How many did Reach have? and how many are in this game???

: Play more Halo.

I will go play a game that doesn't limit how much I play due to level caps. Thank you very much!
Limiting Play time in games is counterproductive for the gamers who enjoy unlocking everything as fast as possible and the Developers that want you to play their games all the time.

I understand they want to block people from boosting, but when I play on a regular basis then get penalized for reaching a level cap (WAAAY early IMO) I loose interest.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 4 thoughts.Darknesshasfallen 11/22/12 10:38 p.m.
     Re: Also; Boom *Img*Darknesshasfallen 11/22/12 11:02 p.m.
           wow *NM*NikGntre 11/23/12 1:28 a.m.
     "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"MoltenSlowa 11/23/12 2:43 a.m.
           Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"darknesshasfallen 11/23/12 7:24 p.m.
                 Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"tiny 11/24/12 9:40 a.m.
                       Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"RC Master 11/24/12 11:17 a.m.
                             Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"Louis Wu 11/24/12 12:09 p.m.
                                   Re: "This forces me to set Halo 4 down"RC Master 11/24/12 3:22 p.m.
                                         Wait, hang on...RC Master 11/24/12 3:26 p.m.
                                               Re: Wait, hang on...MacGyver10 11/24/12 3:47 p.m.
                                                     Re: Wait, hang on...Louis Wu 11/24/12 4:01 p.m.
                                                           Re: Wait, hang on...RC Master 11/24/12 4:11 p.m.
     Re: Halo 4 thoughts.RC Master 11/23/12 11:00 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.