Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Bad waves
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 9/28/12 6:25 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Two Reach Firefight bugs? (Captain Spark)

Interesting videos! I've never seen those dropship glitches before. Do you have a recipe for doing it in Reach? Both times, you were blasting the Phantom as it came down, and it's as if you knocked the sense out of it. Perhaps you knocked it sufficiently far from its expected position for the drop that it could no longer cope.

However, that phenomenon isn't what I was talking about, nor covies falling through the floor after the drop. I'm just talking about when not all the expected covies for your wave turn up - which seems a pretty diabolical flaw to me and I can't imagine how Bungie managed to foul up something so fundamental. For the sake of discussion let's call it a 'bad wave' when that happens.

What can we say about bad waves, and are there ways to avoid them? Here are some observations towards that end.

Thus far I've only noticed bad waves on Overlook. But I haven't done systematic checking.

I haven't seen any bad waves prior to a wave of Elites. So I'm wondering if waves of Elites are responsible for messing things up.

You can get a bad wave whether covies are invulnerable or not.

You can get a bad wave whether hazards are enabled or not.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Two Reach Firefight bugs?Rockslider 9/27/12 3:56 p.m.
     Re: Two Reach Firefight bugs?JDQuackers 9/28/12 12:48 a.m.
           Invulnerable Elites don't scoreRockslider 9/28/12 4:02 a.m.
     Re: Two Reach Firefight bugs?Captain Spark 9/28/12 7:50 a.m.
           Bad wavesRockslider 9/28/12 6:25 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.