Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Shield and Sword - Armor Augmentations
Posted By: Leviathan <levihoffmeier@gmail.com>Date: 6/2/12 1:10 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Shield and Sword - Armor Augmentations (stabbim)

: I love the overshield idea. Sure would like to have that when a Wraith mortar
: (or whatever equivalent certain death is in Halo 4) is streaking toward my
: clueless marines.

Yeah, definitely!

: I don't have an issue with them all being available in campaign, the
: difficulty could be balanced to account for that, and your power
: consumption meter leads me to believe there would be some mechanism to
: prevent a player from just spamming a bunch of powerful abilities rapidly.
: Personally, I think I'd enjoy having all these options open, and it would
: help me feel like a badass spartan. :)

: In your mind, would we still be limited to one at a time in multiplayer?

I think there might be playlists with all augments available, and other, more traditional playlists with limited settings

Shield and Sword is definitely a campaign-oriented project, and I've commented before how I wouldn't even mind if campaign and multiplayer played by different rules, or even split into different games, but I don't think it would be too crazy to have a multiplayer with all these abilities accessible at the same time.

The power limitations means you're not going to see someone boost, fly into the sky, turn invisible and start shooting rainbow lasers across the screen - the augmentations are a much more slower, controlled ability. You can't use two at the same time, etc.

In fact, it probably wouldn't be much different than playing Reach, seeing an enemy sprint around, and a little later that same player jetpacking. In Reach, that meant the player respawned - in Shield and Sword that person just selected the different ability on the fly.

I keep thinking it's like playing MegaMan, when you've got multiple powers unlocked. You have to re-key each one to handle your situation. You don't become more powerful, you just get more options and the ability to adapt in the moment - but you're still stuck with one ability at a time.

A Fistful of Arrows

Message Index

Replies:

Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsLeviathan 6/1/12 11:40 p.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Armor Augmentationsstabbim 6/2/12 12:01 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsLeviathan 6/2/12 1:10 a.m.
     Very cool, Levi. :)The Lionheart 6/2/12 1:01 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsQuirel 6/2/12 1:05 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsVAVA Mk2 6/2/12 1:51 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsZackDark 6/2/12 8:08 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsLeviathan 6/2/12 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsGeneral Vagueness 6/2/12 10:01 p.m.
                       Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsLeviathan 6/3/12 1:27 a.m.
                             Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsGeneral Vagueness 6/3/12 3:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsLeviathan 6/3/12 4:02 p.m.
                                         Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsGeneral Vagueness 6/3/12 7:10 p.m.
                                               Re: Shield and Sword - Armor AugmentationsZackDark 6/3/12 7:12 p.m.
     Awesome. As expected...munky-058 6/2/12 4:31 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.