Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Segmented runs and squashed imagery
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 5/6/12 4:45 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Segmented runs and squashed imagery (Cody Miller)

: I share your feelings, but to be fair, it's kind of the same way for single
: segment runs. You keep repeating it over and over until you nail it.

Sure you can keep making attempts, but in practice things are still going to be qualitatively different because of the length, and the limited time and patience the player has available. Attempting high-risk tactics on every section (in the sort of manner one might be doing on a segmented run) would be astronomically unlikely to work. I mean, think of a 1 in 10 chance multiplied for each section, and it would soon become one in a gazillion (I'm playing pretty free and easy with my mathematics here, but you get the idea). I doubt anyone would even try it unless the level was really short. Playing style will be more conservative.

Also, on an actual run, interesting elements of tension and nerve come into play; elements which figure much less when you're only doing things segment by segment with little or no concern about dying over and over. Elements which make the venture more noble.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:33slYnki 4/28/12 11:45 a.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3davidfuchs 4/28/12 12:05 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3iForge 4/28/12 5:23 p.m.
     Impressive. Most impressive.mr_mcmurder 4/28/12 9:40 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Rockslider 4/30/12 5:00 p.m.
           Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3slYnki 5/4/12 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3uberfoop 5/4/12 3:28 p.m.
                 Segmented runs and squashed imageryRockslider 5/5/12 5:00 p.m.
                       Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryCody Miller 5/5/12 11:20 p.m.
                             Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryKermit 5/6/12 2:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryCody Miller 5/6/12 3:14 p.m.
                             Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryRockslider 5/6/12 4:45 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Quantum 4/30/12 7:21 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Cody Miller 5/6/12 3:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.