Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3
Posted By: slYnki <jewjitsu7@hotmail.com>Date: 5/4/12 1:15 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3 (Rockslider)

Hey Rockslider. I'm gonna respond to all your questions without quoting your post. Thread might get a bit clogged if I do, so you best have your questions handy for reference =)

2:03 - When you press that switch, if you press it again as soon as the animation stops, the door will open, but only a handful of enemies will spawn outside the door. Then you just have to press the switch again to trigger just about everything. You need to hit another little loadzone before you can fly to the pulse generator.

3:30 - Sometimes the covies will spot you if you don't crouch past those windows, and I needed them all to be standing still, doing nothing. Makes sneaking past less stressful. As for grenading the elites, they are really good at chasing you down, so I decided to wait until the red elite turned his back, tossed a nade, then ran through.

4:45 - For this attempt, I wanted all the flood to be gone so I could grenade the elites easily. If the flood spot you, they'll focus entirely on you instead of the elites, so I let them battle it out. For the next run, I have a much riskier strategy for that area.

5:53 - The covies don't usually run to that door at all. They can spot you even if they have their back turned, which alerts all of the enemies, which means instant death for me. I just decided to take it slow.

6:50 - The flood aren't really a problem on that first bridge. They tend to shoot like crap, so just running away from them usually works pretty good. The covies love ignoring flood and shooting at me though, so I felt it was best to take them all out.

8:18 - I probably could have made it across the bridge with enough attempts, but waiting for the checkpoint just made it more relaxed.

9:50 - I came up with it a long time ago. scurty pulled it off nicely in his run of this level in Halo 1 Done Segmented. The flood boost isn't new. Pretty sure I did that in my single segment run that I did... jeeze, like 5 or 6 years ago? Still a great little trick =)

11:50 - This was definitely the hardest part of the entire run. Every enemy in that room is tricky in their own special way. Shotgun flood, rocket flood, jumping flood... It did only take me maybe half an hour to do, but it was still infuriating. I tried to be safe too...

12:44 - It did work, actually. If you fall down and just head straight for the tunnel, the banshees will always spot you, and you usually die pretty quickly. I still got followed when I took the route I did, but it was easier to survive.

13:37 - In the next run I'll be using the banshee, or skipping it entirely, we'll see. The flood kept glitching everytime I tried using the banshee, so I just decided to be fancy and dance around.

15:58 - I don't know exactly why this works, but if you don't kill that group of flood, or some of the flood in the cave up ahead, the enemies in the final area don't load, thus making it impossible to end the mission.

As for the encoding, there's nothing wrong with it. I captured this in 1280x720, then I stretched the 4:3 image in Sony Vegas to those dimensions. If I didn't, there would have been two huge black bars next to the video on youtube, and I wanted widescreen.

Message Index

Replies:

Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:33slYnki 4/28/12 11:45 a.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3davidfuchs 4/28/12 12:05 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3iForge 4/28/12 5:23 p.m.
     Impressive. Most impressive.mr_mcmurder 4/28/12 9:40 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Rockslider 4/30/12 5:00 p.m.
           Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3slYnki 5/4/12 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3uberfoop 5/4/12 3:28 p.m.
                 Segmented runs and squashed imageryRockslider 5/5/12 5:00 p.m.
                       Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryCody Miller 5/5/12 11:20 p.m.
                             Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryKermit 5/6/12 2:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryCody Miller 5/6/12 3:14 p.m.
                             Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryRockslider 5/6/12 4:45 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Quantum 4/30/12 7:21 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Cody Miller 5/6/12 3:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.