Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 4/30/12 5:00 p.m.

In Response To: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:33 (slYnki)

Ok slYnki, I've got quite a few time-stamped comments and queries here; I hope you can manage this lot.

2:03 When you used the door switch for a second time, some Grunts spawned (by the sound of it). I'm guessing you somehow avoided triggering them earlier. But if so, how and why? Some kind of fiendish strategy going on there I guess, but I need enlighting.

3:30 I'm surprised you didn't just run straight past the windows to save time, rather than crouching. After all, if you got spotted you could've just reverted to the recent checkpoint for more goes until it worked. Or am I missing something? I'm also surprised you didn't run straight past the subsequent opening rather than pausing to grenade the two Elites. Why not just dash past? They're too good at pursuing?

4:45 Seems like your tactic here was to trigger the Flood, then let them fight the Elites while you went back to collect plasmas. But how about this for an alternative strategy? Get the plasmas along the way (ok that costs you a few extra seconds), trigger the Flood, and once they're past the exit, send in a grenade or two to hopefully decimate the fighting mob (but stay unseen). That could speed the fight along, and overall you might be able to emerge sooner.

5:20 *SMACK* Ho ho. That Jackal really didn't wanna get blasted your way.

5:53 You really bided your time getting through that doorway. My instinct was that there was a good chance you could've just dashed through, throwing a plasma to make a few enemies dive (to minimize fire of course). No good?

6:50 That was amusing on the bridge, when an Elite laughs then the pair of them get killed by your plasma grenade. But a few seconds later, perhaps it was a mistake to kill the Jackal? He could've distracted the Flood while you made your getaway.

8:18 Having got through the door, I assume the reason you waiting around to whack the spores was so you could get a checkpoint. So, I guess you really didn't fancy trying to string the previous room together with the the ultra-tricky bridge crossing huh? Did you *try* to, and then decide it was too frustrating?

9:50 Whoa! Nifty lift descent move. Haven't seen that before. And shortly after that, you amusingly use a Flood as a jumping platform. Is that new?

11:50 Was this generator room the trickiest section? If not, what was? Certainly looked pretty tricky to me.

12:44 When you subsequently got that Banshee, you took a circuitous route to the tunnel. Trying to evade Banshees? I had the feeling that it didn't work.

13:37 At the start of the underground bridge area, I was impressed with how you exploited the carrier Flood to blast the combat guys. Nifty manouvering. I bet you wish you'd had a grenade or two there. But come to think of it, couldn't you have let the combat guys come though the gap, then squash them with the Banshee?

15:58 After emerging into the snow, why did you hang around trying to kill off some of the Flood that spawned before your eyes?

By the way, did something go screwy with the encoding? The image is squashed and I couldn't watch it like that. I had to grab a copy and watch it in VLC with aspect ratio set to 4:3 to correct things.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:33slYnki 4/28/12 11:45 a.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3davidfuchs 4/28/12 12:05 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3iForge 4/28/12 5:23 p.m.
     Impressive. Most impressive.mr_mcmurder 4/28/12 9:40 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Rockslider 4/30/12 5:00 p.m.
           Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3slYnki 5/4/12 1:15 p.m.
                 Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3uberfoop 5/4/12 3:28 p.m.
                 Segmented runs and squashed imageryRockslider 5/5/12 5:00 p.m.
                       Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryCody Miller 5/5/12 11:20 p.m.
                             Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryKermit 5/6/12 2:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryCody Miller 5/6/12 3:14 p.m.
                             Re: Segmented runs and squashed imageryRockslider 5/6/12 4:45 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Quantum 4/30/12 7:21 p.m.
     Re: Two Betrayals on Legendary - Zero Shot in 17:3Cody Miller 5/6/12 3:33 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.