Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Korny Rendering Service! *IMG*
Posted By: munky-058 <munky.058@gmail.com>Date: 4/16/12 7:41 p.m.

Hey boys and girls! Tired of having 343 disabling video renders? Well now you can!

Introducing the new Korny Rendering Service!

El Producto

HD video rendering.

The service that's been open to both friends and low-ranking SSD personnel is now open to the public!

This service is still in Beta testing, but we here at SSD don't believe in wasting time by "testing" our products before public consumption, so we're passing the savings on to you!

How does this service work? Simple! I'll take any video/screenshot off your Fileshare, run it through our FDA-approved Video-Capturo™ machine, and whip up a mixture safe for consumption!
Our FAQ section will have more specific details, but we'll get to that later.

FAQ section

What exactly are you offering?
The ability to render clips in HD, as well as capturing screenshots.

What do you mean by HD?
High-Definition, my friend. In either 720p or 1080i.

Sounds great! I'd like all clips in my fileshare rendered in 1080i, please!
Hold on there Jethro, let's not get carried away.

Meaning?
File size has to be considered while we are still in Beta testing phase.

1080i renders have a non-strict time limit of 1.5 minutes in length.
720p renders have a non-strict five minute time limit.

clips can be longer than the limit, but please don't abuse this fact. Also, keep in mind that the interlaced nature of 1080i might not be ideal for you. Given the fact that Reach doesn't display in true HD, you're much better off rendering in 720p anyway. The 1080i option is still on the table anyway for those who want it.

How many clips can I have rendered?
There's no limit to the number of clips a person can have rendered, but keep in mind that people with only one or two clips will be prioritized over people with more clips to keep things moving along as fast as possible.

What games can this clip/screenshots be rendered from?
Halo 3 and Reach are all eligible for video rendering.
Halo 3, ODST, and Reach are all eligible for screenshot capture.

How long should I expect to wait for my video to be rendered?
This is tricky. I have my own schedule and personal things to take care of, so it's not easy to come up with a definitive answer. I'll do my best to render the videos as quickly as I can, but at best, I can guarantee anywhere from a few hours to two days. All depends on number of videos to render, and when I'm at home.

How can we expect to receive the videos we ask you to render?
Two ways. I will upload the videos as a MediaFire file for you to download, or I can also upload them to YouTube for you and your friends to snag it from there. Your call.

Youtube? But I don't want others to see my video.
I can either remove the video or set it as private to those with the link if you want whenever you download it. Just let me know what you want if we go this route.

And screenshots?
Screenshots are captured as a large .tga file, but can be converted into any format if you so desire.
There's no limit on the number of screenshots that I can get for you at once, so feel free to fill up your Fileshare with screenshots and ask for the whole batch at once.
Unlike videos, screenshots are guaranteed to be in your digital hands in less than 24 hours.

How much will this service cost?
It's free. Feel free to give me munnies though, I'm running out of cat food to feed poor Snipe with...

Who is eligible for this?
Rendering is open to any HBO member. Any friends/family of HBO members can get things rendered as well, so don't be afraid to ask.

Great! How do we do this?
Send an XBL message to KornyMunky with both name of the file in your fileshare and an email address. I'll send you a confirmation email once the video is rendered, and a second email with a link to the MediaFire download/Youtube link once I have it up. The service is available now, so message away!

What if I have more questions, (i.e. there's an ODST clip I'd really like to have rendered)?
Send an email to munky.058@gmail.com, and I'll be sure answer any questions you may have.

That's all!

Korny Rendering Services are not for everyone. If you are pregnant, or wish to become pregnant, please consult your doctor before trying Korny Rendering Services. Korny Rendering Services are not intended to prevent or treat any sexually transmitted disease. If your Korny Rendering Services clip lasts longer than four hours, seek immediate medical attention. Asbestos is a known carcinogen, and exposure to asbestos is known to cause serious diseases such as mesothelioma, asbestos-related lung cancer and asbestosis. This is not relevant to Korny Rendering Services, however, so feel free to expose yourself to more Korny Rendering Services.

Message Index

Replies:

Korny Rendering Service! *IMG*munky-058 4/16/12 7:41 p.m.
     I just love this community *NM*ZackDark 4/16/12 9:32 p.m.
           And you're gonna love his nuts...Pkmnrulz240 4/16/12 10:07 p.m.
                 ô.O *NM*ZackDark 4/16/12 10:12 p.m.
     Re: Korny Rendering Service! *IMG*SEspider 4/17/12 12:10 a.m.
           Re: Korny Rendering Service! *IMG*munky-058 4/17/12 1:05 p.m.
     720p vs. 1080i examples *VIDs*munky-058 4/17/12 5:42 p.m.
           Why would you do 1080i?RC Master 4/17/12 6:57 p.m.
                 Re: Why would you do 1080i?Cody Miller 4/17/12 7:19 p.m.
                       Re: Why would you do 1080i?munky-058 4/17/12 10:45 p.m.
                             Re: Why would you do 1080i?Cody Miller 4/18/12 12:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Why would you do 1080i?munky-058 4/19/12 12:11 p.m.
     More questions for the Korny Onedavidfuchs 4/17/12 6:38 p.m.
           Re: More questions for the Korny Onemunky-058 4/17/12 10:49 p.m.
     Capitalism and competitionCody Miller 4/17/12 7:29 p.m.
     Korny, you are the MAN. :DThe Lionheart 4/19/12 3:27 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.