Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: teaser Galaxy Map underway
Posted By: Paused <cheesemista@hotmail.co.uk>Date: 2/10/12 7:55 p.m.

In Response To: Re: teaser Galaxy Map underway (Stephen L. (SoundEffect))

: It's a rough thing to do 10 years after some bad decisions. Since they
: started with stars in the Milky Way, they should've stuck with it.
: Astronomy is not as well known to average Joe like movies or sports,
: unfortunately.

No matter what happens I agree with your sentiment. Having a static map discourages bad fiction such as technobable, and I hope that 343 follows your excellent example and sticks to something, be it a fictional map or a 'based in reality one'.

The problem I have is that 'AS IT STANDS' this piece of your work does nothing but to take me out of the narrative. In order to stay immersed in the books, whilst knowing what your maps have told us, I have to say Halo take place in an alternate universe. (Ha which as it is fiction... no kidding huh?).

You have proved that the Halo Milky Way is not our RL Galaxy, even if 10 years ago, when the first EU was made up, they were one in the same. I agree they "should have stuck with it."

But they didn't.

I want a map to stop stupid stuff you bring up like...

: You can choose a star like
: Procyon (Arcadia) which is 11.4 light years from Earth and then find
: another star like 61 Cygni which is also 11.4 light years away. To an
: uninformed author, well, they're both about 11.4 light years from Earth,
: so they must be very near one another. Wrong! They are almost on opposite
: sides from each other compared to Earth and the actual distance between
: them is 20.8 light years.

But you doing this project now, before 343 adopts the same policy, seems like a waste of your time considering the other projects I've heared of. And as a lore whore, thats the last thing I want.

Message Index

Replies:

teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/8/12 8:27 p.m.
     O.OZackDark 2/8/12 8:57 p.m.
           Re: O.OStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/8/12 9:10 p.m.
                 No GPU?ZackDark 2/8/12 9:16 p.m.
                       Re: No GPU?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/8/12 9:50 p.m.
                             Re: No GPU?ZackDark 2/9/12 10:02 a.m.
                                   Re: No GPU?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/9/12 11:42 a.m.
                                         Re: No GPU?ZackDark 2/9/12 12:05 p.m.
                                               Re: No GPU?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/9/12 1:54 p.m.
     Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwaySeraph XXVII 2/8/12 10:21 p.m.
           Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/9/12 5:40 a.m.
     Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayDEEP NNN 2/9/12 6:31 a.m.
           Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/9/12 6:50 a.m.
                 Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayDEEP NNN 2/9/12 7:02 a.m.
                       Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/9/12 8:01 a.m.
     Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayDragonclaws 2/9/12 6:25 p.m.
           Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/10/12 6:35 a.m.
                 Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayPaused 2/10/12 3:23 p.m.
                       Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayZackDark 2/10/12 5:09 p.m.
                       Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/10/12 5:14 p.m.
                             Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayPaused 2/10/12 5:39 p.m.
                                   Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/10/12 6:44 p.m.
                                         Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayPaused 2/10/12 7:55 p.m.
                                               Re: teaser Galaxy Map underwayStephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/10/12 9:45 p.m.
                                                     An alternative presentation...OldNick 2/10/12 10:49 p.m.
                                                           Re: An alternative presentation...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/11/12 9:01 a.m.
                                                                 Re: An alternative presentation...OldNick 2/11/12 11:52 a.m.
                                                                       Re: An alternative presentation...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 2/11/12 12:24 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.