glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?
Posted By: yakamanDate: 1/6/12 2:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I've got a thought now (Revenant1988)

: Lol no problem?

: If thats what your first post said, I didn't read it that way so I want to
: clarify that I wasn't trying to claim your idea as my own (should anyone
: look at it like that).

: Now, lets sit back and watch both of us be totally wrong :D

Except the captive says something like "you will never have the mantle, this was decided long ago". To me, this meant long before the current event, which really is the Forerunner-Flood war.

I agree that the Flood is the way the slate is wiped clean, but it seemed like it would be used to entirely wipe the galaxy clean.... So, what if, the Flood was released to clean the galaxy, all life indexed within the Flood, and life rebooted thereafter with humans placed at the front of the line? Is that what is meant by "next in line"?

But what about the statement of the Flood as a mechanism to reunite Forerunner and Human? This really makes the galaxy-as-life-science-lab-experiment paradigm seem likely.

Why was the Captive in that form? Did that represent the evoluntionary ideal from the last galactic go-round? Was it a collection of the best evolution had to offer? Is the Captive alive? Is it anti-life? Is life purely something it invented?

Now we know why Forerunner kept Flood on Halos. It's not such a risk if you knew they were coming back someday.

When 343GS says in H:CE, "Last time, you asked me..." he was probably talking to one of the ghosts in his head.

Is the Index data from the Composer? Does Cortanan have that data? Is the Librarian in Cortana? Will 343GS be seeking us out in H4? Maybe we will fight the Master Builder.

There can be more than one Gravemind at a time. At least 10 are left on Installation 07.

Message Index

Replies:

Primordium Musings *SP* longMid7night 1/5/12 1:15 p.m.
     Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longGrizzlei 1/5/12 1:25 p.m.
           Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longMid7night 1/5/12 1:36 p.m.
                 Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longGrizzlei 1/5/12 1:42 p.m.
                       Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longGrimBrother One 1/5/12 2:18 p.m.
                             Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longGrizzlei 1/5/12 2:25 p.m.
                                   Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longGrimBrother One 1/5/12 7:45 p.m.
     Still in denial about Chackas, etc.Arithmomaniac 1/5/12 1:37 p.m.
           Re: Still in denial about Chackas, etc.Mid7night 1/5/12 1:43 p.m.
           Re: Still in denial about Chackas, etc.Grizzlei 1/5/12 1:44 p.m.
                 Re: Still in denial about Chackas, etc.Arithmomaniac 1/5/12 1:51 p.m.
                       Re: Still in denial about Chackas, etc.Grizzlei 1/5/12 1:53 p.m.
     Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longPostmortem 1/6/12 2:19 a.m.
           Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longQuirel 1/8/12 1:11 p.m.
                 Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longPostmortem 1/9/12 12:53 a.m.
                       Late to the party!Metalingus627 1/21/12 1:02 a.m.
     I've got a thought nowRevenant1988 1/6/12 10:38 a.m.
           Re: I've got a thought nowMid7night 1/6/12 10:50 a.m.
                 Re: I've got a thought nowRevenant1988 1/6/12 10:59 a.m.
                       Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?yakaman 1/6/12 2:01 p.m.
                             Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?Mid7night 1/6/12 2:28 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?yakaman 1/6/12 4:02 p.m.
                                         Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?Mid7night 1/6/12 4:08 p.m.
                                               Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?yakaman 1/6/12 4:16 p.m.
                                                     Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?Mid7night 1/6/12 4:35 p.m.
                             Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?DHalo 1/6/12 2:29 p.m.
                                   Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?yakaman 1/6/12 4:13 p.m.
                                         Re: I've got a thought now - how about a bunch?Mid7night 1/6/12 4:29 p.m.
     343GS 'volunteered'? *Prim SP*Mid7night 1/8/12 9:48 a.m.
           Re: 343GS 'volunteered'? *Prim SP*davidfuchs 1/8/12 12:26 p.m.
                 Re: 343GS 'volunteered'? *Prim SP*UNSC Trafalgar 1/8/12 2:25 p.m.
     Re: Primordium Musings *SP* longCaneCutter 1/9/12 11:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.