glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?
Posted By: SonofMacPhisto <sethjewett@gmail.com>Date: 11/2/11 2:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark? (scarab)

: I found the Combine soldiers very bland. Loved the Striders and the Gun
: Ships.

In Episode 2, they're actually quite interesting when working together with Hunters. There's one ambush where regular troops force you into a building and the cover the Hunters as they advance. It's pretty darn intense. Can't stick your head out cause the regular soldier will tear you up, while the Hunters WILL root you out.

: Now that I think about it, I found the ME2 AI companions to be adequate
: fighters. I was never embarrassed by them. Do you know what I mean?

Totally know what you mean. They struck this fine balance between never over shadowing the player, but still be useful enough to have 'OMG that was awesome!' moments.

: Maybe the special attacks helped in ME2.

Oh, absolutely, especially when you control their usage. I'll never forget the time I ordered Legion to spawn a combat drone behind Harbinger, just to have Harbinger turn around to attack and get domed in the back of the noggin by, you guessed it, Legion.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?scarab 11/1/11 7:16 a.m.
     Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?scarab 11/1/11 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?davidfuchs 11/1/11 8:55 a.m.
                 Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?scarab 11/1/11 10:07 a.m.
                       I thought of somethingscarab 11/1/11 10:52 a.m.
                             That's actually pretty good!ZackDark 11/1/11 8:14 p.m.
                             Re: I thought of somethingQuirel 11/1/11 11:46 p.m.
                                   Re: I thought of somethingscarab 11/2/11 4:04 a.m.
                       Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?General Vagueness 11/1/11 5:47 p.m.
           Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?Rockslider 11/3/11 5:20 p.m.
     AI: What games currently set the benchmark? *NM*Beckx 11/1/11 11:33 a.m.
           Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/1/11 5:57 p.m.
                 Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?SonofMacPhisto 11/1/11 7:41 p.m.
                       Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/2/11 4:23 a.m.
                             Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?SonofMacPhisto 11/2/11 2:01 p.m.
                                   Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/3/11 2:40 a.m.
                 Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?Beckx 11/2/11 2:24 p.m.
                       Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/3/11 2:35 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.