Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I thought of something
Posted By: scarabDate: 11/2/11 4:04 a.m.

In Response To: Re: I thought of something (Quirel)

: Personally, I think the biggest case of missed opportunity was Jorge. He had
: a big freakin' machine gun he could have used to lay down suppressive fire
: while you flank the enemy. Or use him as a body shield, like Kat did in
: one of the previews.

Paradoxically he was the weakest member of Noble team because he couldn't melee and he couldn't throw grenades (the two attacks that weren't nerfed for Noble team).

The Noble team AI was Bungie's lowest point. Everything that they tried to achieve in the cutscenes was undermined by the reality of playing along side Noble team. Bungie are going to have to address their AI shortcommings in future games and 343i will have to address it in future Halo games.

The AI is semi adequate at fighting but it can't even approximate characters. Its not just that they can't do the subtle nuances, watch Jun on Nightfall, he can't even spell stealthy, nuff said.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?scarab 11/1/11 7:16 a.m.
     Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?scarab 11/1/11 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?davidfuchs 11/1/11 8:55 a.m.
                 Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?scarab 11/1/11 10:07 a.m.
                       I thought of somethingscarab 11/1/11 10:52 a.m.
                             That's actually pretty good!ZackDark 11/1/11 8:14 p.m.
                             Re: I thought of somethingQuirel 11/1/11 11:46 p.m.
                                   Re: I thought of somethingscarab 11/2/11 4:04 a.m.
                       Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?General Vagueness 11/1/11 5:47 p.m.
           Re: Halo AI: has it progressed? Where could it go?Rockslider 11/3/11 5:20 p.m.
     AI: What games currently set the benchmark? *NM*Beckx 11/1/11 11:33 a.m.
           Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/1/11 5:57 p.m.
                 Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?SonofMacPhisto 11/1/11 7:41 p.m.
                       Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/2/11 4:23 a.m.
                             Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?SonofMacPhisto 11/2/11 2:01 p.m.
                                   Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/3/11 2:40 a.m.
                 Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?Beckx 11/2/11 2:24 p.m.
                       Re: AI: What games currently set the benchmark?scarab 11/3/11 2:35 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.