Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMG*
Posted By: Dubbl3.utoo <dubbl3utoo@gmail.com>Date: 8/26/11 2:35 a.m.

Since 2009, Iv'e been slowly chipping away at a (semi) accurate 3d representation of New mombasa, as it is presented Halo 2/ODST/3

While this is still very much a work in progress, (current poly count stands at a little under a million, and im not even one third finished) as a whole, i think that the completed sections of the model are good enough to show to the denizens of HBO!

Without much further ado, I give you (some small section) of New mombasa

This is a fairly low detail model made with Google Sketchup. Obviously, the portrayals of the city within the games themselves are fairly limited in scope, so Iv'e filled in alot of the blanks, while incorporating any buildings/skylines/set pieces that appear in any of the games.

For Example

'They'll regret that too'

Hotel Zanzibar

Headlong

And 'A Day at the beach', have all so far made appearances in the model, all positioned accuratley (relative to each other) as they are in Halo 2 (Iv'e modelled the levels themselves in slightly higher fidelity, though I was still aiming for 'indicative' rather than 'accurate', as you can tell with my rendition of Headlong :P )

The tunnel (full of rats) connecting New Mombasa 105 East, to the Shimanzi Cantilever Bridge is also modelled accuratley (according to the aerial image that's shown in the Halo 2 game guide) though it doesn't appear in any of the images. However, i will show you the bridge!

Iv'e taken significant artistic liscense with any section that doesnt actually appear in the video games, taking inspiration from the Halo 2 & ODST concept art for the general look and feel of the city. Nevertheless, I aimed to represent any features that appear in any of the games/books etc etc, while sticking to the modern geography for the layout.

A comparison...

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

BONUS ROUND!

I dug up some images from a previous *cough* attempt I had at this, from early 2005. Let's just say it's... poor. Yes that hideous floating thing is Regret's carrier :(

The Original Thread

Message Index

Replies:

Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMG*Dubbl3.utoo 8/26/11 2:35 a.m.
     Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGJDQuackers 8/26/11 4:34 a.m.
           Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGDubbl3.utoo 8/26/11 4:36 a.m.
     Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGLord Friendship 8/26/11 6:54 a.m.
     Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGUrban Reflex 8/26/11 7:43 a.m.
           Missed something... plus a map for you UrbanDubbl3.utoo 8/26/11 8:42 a.m.
                 Re: Missed something... plus a map for you UrbanUrban Reflex 8/26/11 9:05 a.m.
                       "I know what the ladies like" *NM* *NM*Dubbl3.utoo 8/26/11 9:09 a.m.
     Dude, if you and Loftus joined forces... *NM*ZackDark 8/26/11 8:44 a.m.
           Re: Dude, if you and Loftus joined forces...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 8/30/11 8:00 p.m.
     Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGQuirel 8/26/11 9:58 a.m.
           Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGDubbl3.utoo 8/26/11 10:29 a.m.
                 Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGQuirel 8/26/11 1:26 p.m.
                       Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGDubbl3.utoo 8/26/11 2:00 p.m.
                             Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGcagerrin 8/26/11 5:05 p.m.
     Re: Mombasa, Just in time for Halofest! *LONG**IMGDervish 8/26/11 1:06 p.m.
     A man after my own heart!Jordan117 8/27/11 2:18 a.m.
           Re: A man after my own heart!Dubbl3.utoo 8/27/11 3:38 a.m.
                 Sure thingJordan117 8/27/11 9:07 p.m.
                       Re: Sure thingDubbl3.utoo 8/28/11 1:42 a.m.
                             Re: Sure thingStephen L. (SoundEffect) 8/30/11 7:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Sure thingDubbl3.utoo 9/1/11 7:14 a.m.
                                         Re: Sure thingStephen L. (SoundEffect) 9/1/11 5:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Sure thingDubbl3.utoo 9/1/11 8:26 p.m.
                                                     Re: Sure thingStephen L. (SoundEffect) 9/1/11 8:39 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.