Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Nice idea!
Posted By: Leviathan <levihoffmeier@gmail.com>Date: 8/6/11 3:18 p.m.

In Response To: Musical Gaming Moments *VID* (Bry)

: Just a little something I was pondering last night, and now I ask all of you.

: Not so much about music in games alone, but rather are there any particular
: experiences in your gaming lives where you've found the on-screen
: action/events came together with the music in such a way that elevated a
: scene into something especially memorable?

: If so, what are they?

: Saying as I have the ability, I put together a vid of 16 of my own most
: amazing/memorable moments where the on-screen events elevated the music to
: another level and vice versa.

: Halo, as a series, makes 3 of those 16 experiences, but I'm not saying what
: they are. =p

: Some of them might seem obvious from me, some might be a total surprise.
: They all stand out to me though, for various reasons.

:

: [ swapped with Bry's permission -lwu ]

: Put forth your own!

Well I haven't played those newer Mario games, or the newer Starfox... or any Zelda or Ace Combat, but I loved seeing the others you mentioned. Cid's theme is one of my favorite FF7 pieces... And the Weapon attack on Junon? Awesome. I somehow managed to justify a school project in 5th grade as being made up of an 8.5x11, full color, flip book retelling that scene. :)

That first Ace Combat song was pretty, too. And the visuals with all those smoke trails and flares? Wow.

My own list:

All of FF7. (Highlights include Aeris's... incident, and her theme playing as the White Materia bounces in beat with the music as it falls into the water below. Red XIII's theme as he finds his father's petrified remains. Though overdone now, Sephiroth's final battle music really amped up that confrontation. The Other Side of the Mountain as well... I'm sure there are others.)

All of FF8. (Highlights include the intro music, as well as the standard battle theme, Don't Be Afraid, since it made every random encounter climactic and engaging. The various variants and ultimate version of Eyes On Me (I'm a romantic :P ). The Landing was also a great piece that accompanied an awesome scene. Once again, I'm sure there are others I just can't recall at the moment.)

Exploring Dantooine in KOTOR to the Dantooine theme.

Mass Effect - the music that plays as the Reaper attaches to the Citadel, and the whole game goes sideways - literally.

Morrowind - when the main theme plays as you explore the open world. Magic. :)

Megan Man Legends - the City's music. Great little fun piece that plays as you jack around in a living city. My favorite part of the game, actually, hah.

Anytime Pruit Igoe by Phillip Glass comes on the radio in GTA IV. I always drive faster. :)

That's all the non-Halo that's jumping out at me.... so now for Halo. I'm going to leave out any music that accompanies cutscenes, and concentrate on the music that accompanies the real action of the game. :)

Reach - the guitar that kicks in as the Zealots attack in Winter Contingency, and as it continues as Jorge slams a big door shut, leaving you alone with them. Damn did that get me excited to play. (Okay I guess I lied - half of that is a cutscene. But hey, at least it's in first person for the most part.)

Halo CE - Under Cover of Night as you snipe in T&R. One of the first moments where I said, "I have a feeling I could play this game for a very, very long time." Silent Cartographer's intro battle, like you posted. And above all, after the loss of Foehammer in the Maw, when all seems lost, and the timer is still counting down.... the main theme comes pouring back in as I play one of the most exciting moments in gaming history. :)

Halo 2 - Earth City theme blaring forth as you turn a corner and see a huge intersection surrounded by massive skyscrapers, as you keep pushing with your Gauss Hog. Favorite moment of Halo 2, that battle. :D

When Peril plays in the first battle of Delta Halo is pretty great too. And the In Amber Clad piece that plays in Nothing But Jackal always gets me pumped to play. Never want it to end. I'm not a huge fan of the music from Breaking Benjamin during the last battle of Gravemind, but man does it make me just run forward with a plasma sword and get killed like a dozen times in a row. :)

ODST - The two pieces of music that plays during the second half of NMPD. Awesomeness ensues. Also, when the main theme plays during the last leg of the Coastal Highway journey, as well as when it comes back in again during the final wave of zoo-invaders.

Halo 3 - The last piece that plays during Last One Out Get the Lights goes perfectly with that situation I think. All of the music in The Storm helps make that one amazing level. Returning pieces like Perilous Journey and On a Pale Horse in the Ark were great motivators as well. And then we come to The Covenant. :) Every frick'n bit of it, with the highlight being what you featured in the video. The assault on the Citadel. Tied with the Maw run as being my favorite part of any Halo.

The run to Forward Unto Dawn was great as well, but by this point, Halo's main theme making things awesome is old news. :)

A Fistful of Arrows

Message Index

Replies:

Musical Gaming Moments *VID*Bry 8/6/11 11:01 a.m.
     Re: Musical Gaming Moments *VID*SonofMacPhisto 8/6/11 11:08 a.m.
     Just a note...Louis Wu 8/6/11 12:04 p.m.
           Re: Just a note...Bry 8/6/11 12:13 p.m.
     I don't get it.uberfoop 8/6/11 1:17 p.m.
           Re: I don't get it.Bry 8/6/11 1:45 p.m.
                 Re: I don't get it.uberfoop 8/6/11 2:05 p.m.
                       Its bothBry 8/6/11 2:28 p.m.
     Nice idea!Leviathan 8/6/11 3:18 p.m.
           Re: Nice idea!SonofMacPhisto 8/6/11 3:40 p.m.
                 Re: Nice idea!SonofMacPhisto 8/6/11 3:50 p.m.
                 Re: Nice idea!Leviathan 8/6/11 4:05 p.m.
                       Re: Nice idea!SonofMacPhisto 8/6/11 4:06 p.m.
                             Re: Hey, SomP-oBry 8/11/11 10:51 a.m.
                                   Re: Hey, SomP-oGrimBrother One 8/11/11 10:57 a.m.
                                         Agreed!Revenant1988 8/11/11 11:15 a.m.
                                               OH MANMid7night 8/11/11 11:34 a.m.
                                                     Re: OH MANBry 8/11/11 11:35 a.m.
                                                           Re: OH MANSonofMacPhisto 8/11/11 12:02 p.m.
                                                                 SOMPROCKSMid7night 8/11/11 12:25 p.m.
                                                                       Re: SOMPROCKSSonofMacPhisto 8/11/11 12:27 p.m.
                                                                             I play AC6 too! :DMoorpheusl9 8/11/11 12:46 p.m.
                                                                             Re: SOMPROCKSRevenant1988 8/11/11 4:37 p.m.
                                               Re: Agreed!Bry 8/11/11 12:02 p.m.
                                         Re: Hey, SomP-oBry 8/11/11 11:33 a.m.
                                   Re: Hey, SomP-oSonofMacPhisto 8/11/11 11:59 a.m.
     Re: Musical Gaming Moments *VID*Jabberwok 8/7/11 12:34 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.