Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: RvB episode 7's public
Posted By: Casimir <casimirswrath@gmail.com>Date: 8/2/11 9:37 p.m.

In Response To: Re: RvB episode 7's public (Overdoziz)

: I think they're really focusing too much on the vague-ass story and too
: little on being funny.

I think the whole 'trying to tell two different stories with vastly different moods' thing doesn't work that well in this case. Albeit I'll admit IMO it's very rare to pull of comedy and action/tense moments without dragging the entire scene down. I've seen a lot of shows fail to do it.

It feels like the two completely separate stories hurt each other and it might be better if they gave an option to watch just the Freelancer scenes or just the Epsilon-Church scenes. There's a bunch of people who, like Overdoziz here, have no real interest in the plot or action scenes and want more classic RvB moments.

There's a way to pull this off to satisfy both groups of fans, I just don't think Rooster Teeth has it down.

I will say I felt it flowed better in Revelation than here, but that was probably because it was all intertwined as one story, and they wrapped things up perfectly on top of most fans not seeing (or wanting to see) the RvB Team become some magical group of major asskickers fighting either regular Covies or anything related to Project Freelancer.

They're Red and Blue team. They screw it up 95% of the time. The last 5%'s for when they need to come through when it really matters.

Message Index

Replies:

RvB episode 7's publicmattroe 8/1/11 9:31 p.m.
     Re: RvB episode 7's public *SP*Jaydee 8/1/11 10:03 p.m.
     Re: RvB episode 7's publicLouis Wu 8/2/11 11:11 a.m.
           Re: RvB episode 7's public7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 8/2/11 11:17 a.m.
                 Re: RvB episode 7's publicHyokin 8/2/11 11:38 a.m.
                       Re: RvB episode 7's publicMoltenSlowa 8/2/11 1:21 p.m.
                 Re: RvB episode 7's publicmattroe 8/2/11 7:53 p.m.
     Re: RvB episode 7's publicOverdoziz 8/2/11 11:48 a.m.
           Re: RvB episode 7's publicCasimir 8/2/11 9:37 p.m.
                 Re: RvB episode 7's publicmattroe 8/2/11 11:59 p.m.
                       Re: RvB episode 7's publicJaydee 8/3/11 12:14 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.