Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 7/14/11 12:26 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide (Bry)

: lol, your experience on 'the inside' seems to have made some modifications to
: your perspective on things. =)
: I wasn't really blaming the book (or anyone) per se, I just wonder why we get
: the mishmash in regards of designations and such, regardless of where they
: come from. So that is mainly aimed at Bungie since they typically have
: been the source.

I don't think it's that. I'd have cried RETCON! if 343i changed the two Falcon designations to something else. The explanation doesn't have to be strictly current US military equivalents and maybe the expansion of the designation's meaning isn't the most ideal, but it does have canonical presedent and that's what I've been arguing all along. Once established, it's set in stone. (With allowances for outright mistakes, but for the most part, if you clarify something, don't backtrack on it later...the essence of canon).

: Given the size of High Charity and a lot of Covenant tech being appropriated
: Forerunner tech, a civilisation that could build the Halos, a 29km ship
: doesn't really seem that unimaginable to me any more. It helps to recreate
: a certain fear of the Covenant navies capacity after seeing Assault
: Carriers being destroyed, or UNSC ships the size of the Spirit of Fire .
: Like Star Wars really. The Imperator -class Star Destroyer seemed massive
: and overwhelming in the first movie, then think of how they introduced the
: Executor in Empire, as a shadow expanding over numerous ISD's before
: finally being shown in full.
: Quite a memorable moment!

I agree with the impression the Executor had, I guess I'd have preferred the Forerunner Keyship to still be one of the bigger spacecraft and not have it be only half the size of the supercarrier.

: In a way, its just a shame that Reach didn't make a more obviously measurable
: way of seeing its sheer scale to have a similar impact on us.
: Though I did kind of get that impression when it appeared at the end of Tip
: of the Spear. That it wasn't an ordinary Assault Carrier.
: Think I was in the minority though.

It did seems a missed opportunity. You do fly in and around the corvette and the corvette is seem in very close proximity to it, so there's that size comparison.

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:48 p.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 6:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:26 p.m.
     Just curiousTDSpiral 7/5/11 6:11 p.m.
           Re: Just curiousCaptainTony 7/5/11 6:19 p.m.
                 Ah, I see. Thanks! *NM*TDSpiral 7/5/11 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:20 p.m.
     Had it for a few days nowSl'askia 7/5/11 10:49 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guidevociferous 7/5/11 11:09 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/6/11 6:31 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideDEEP NNN 7/6/11 6:51 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/6/11 11:43 a.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 6:39 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 7:23 a.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 12:26 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 4:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 5:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideGeneral Vagueness 7/14/11 5:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 6:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/15/11 5:34 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.