Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 7/14/11 7:23 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide (Stephen L. (SoundEffect))

: Canon is canon, first of all, so the book is constrained to follow it. The
: designations for the Falcons are from Bungie and since already
: established, the Visual Guide made use of them. They were first in the
: Reach game manual I think.

lol, your experience on 'the inside' seems to have made some modifications to your perspective on things. =)
I wasn't really blaming the book (or anyone) per se, I just wonder why we get the mishmash in regards of designations and such, regardless of where they come from. So that is mainly aimed at Bungie since they typically have been the source.

: Your method of determining the size of the supercarrier was similar to mine.
: I just had slightly better resources to do it. Your method was sound. I
: had your number in mind though, I just couldn't get it down to that. I'm
: not even keen on how big it is in the first place, but math is math. :)

Given the size of High Charity and a lot of Covenant tech being appropriated Forerunner tech, a civilisation that could build the Halos, a 29km ship doesn't really seem that unimaginable to me any more. It helps to recreate a certain fear of the Covenant navies capacity after seeing Assault Carriers being destroyed, or UNSC ships the size of the Spirit of Fire.
Like Star Wars really. The Imperator-class Star Destroyer seemed massive and overwhelming in the first movie, then think of how they introduced the Executor in Empire, as a shadow expanding over numerous ISD's before finally being shown in full.
Quite a memorable moment!

In a way, its just a shame that Reach didn't make a more obviously measurable way of seeing its sheer scale to have a similar impact on us.
Though I did kind of get that impression when it appeared at the end of Tip of the Spear. That it wasn't an ordinary Assault Carrier.
Think I was in the minority though.

Halo 3: ODST "Cinematic" Campaign Playthrough

Message Index

Replies:

Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:48 p.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 6:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:26 p.m.
     Just curiousTDSpiral 7/5/11 6:11 p.m.
           Re: Just curiousCaptainTony 7/5/11 6:19 p.m.
                 Ah, I see. Thanks! *NM*TDSpiral 7/5/11 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:20 p.m.
     Had it for a few days nowSl'askia 7/5/11 10:49 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guidevociferous 7/5/11 11:09 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/6/11 6:31 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideDEEP NNN 7/6/11 6:51 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/6/11 11:43 a.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 6:39 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 7:23 a.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 12:26 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 4:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 5:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideGeneral Vagueness 7/14/11 5:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 6:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/15/11 5:34 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.