glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)
Posted By: JIMBOTHY <McCallahanIndustries@gmail.com>Date: 7/13/11 4:21 p.m.

In Response To: Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3) (RC Master)

: Huh, I didn't really realise that. It's still crap, though I now level that
: complaint against Machinima.com rather than the video creators, who added
: to the runining of the

: Well if he's the one responsible for: "holy bawls, subscribe if you
: liked that you crazy whores, whores whores"

: Then yes, absolutely. Begging for subscriptions is bad enough, but calling
: the viewers crazy whores? Yeah, thats endearing...

: So many videos on youtube are let down with "OMG PLEASE LIKE, FAVOURITE,
: COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE ON FACEBOOK TWITTER AND EVERYTHIGN I NEEEDD
: VIEWSS!!!!" tacked on needlessly to the end of their videos.
: Especially obnoxious audio ones.

: Bottom line is: if your content is good, people will subscribe. They know
: where the button is by now. No need to beg for it.

Well actually I'm instructing the audience where to go. You must be new to how video upload channels (like Machinima.com) work. I'll educate you. Generally when you upload content to these types of channels you're going to want to differentiate yourself from the channel itself, I'm saying explicitly stating that you created this video this is where you'll find me. YOU DO THIS because generally the audience isn't too bright and as such attributes the creation of the video to the channel that uploaded it, in this case Machinima.com.

I'll also have you note how I worded my advertisement, "Holy Balls! If you liked that subscribe to our channels, you crazy whore!" I was asking, as oppose to the regular commentator thing commanding people: "Don't forget to rate, comment, subscribe" "Yeah so, comment, rate, subscribe guys". It's a similar message but with varying approaches.

Post-roll advertising is simply a means to promote yourself as the creator and help build your channel to people who would've otherwise simply subscribed to M.com and believed that they made the video. Getting credit where credit is due (for both me and my A.D.). In my case I have been burned in the past by missed opportunities for channel growth by not including a small advertisement for my channel. So hopefully this explanation has enlightened you as to why this happens on channels like M.com. If you can't look past ten seconds of advertisement and appreciate the actual good content then that is your problem. Your dislike has been offset by others, in spades.

To everyone else, thanks a million for enjoying the video. I'm glad you guys liked it. Hopefully we'll be able to do more trailer remakes in the future. Recently there hasn't been a trailer that has peaked my interest for recreation (in film or in the game world) so it'll be awhile before something new comes along. Which means focusing on different content (shorts and such).

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your summer.
Peace!
- Jimbothy

Message Index

Replies:

HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)JIMBOTHY 7/12/11 4:49 p.m.
     Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)AllThree 7/12/11 5:32 p.m.
     Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)RC Master 7/12/11 7:15 p.m.
           Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)JIMBOTHY 7/12/11 7:26 p.m.
                 Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)Azo 'Galvat 7/12/11 8:05 p.m.
                       Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)AllThree 7/12/11 8:23 p.m.
                       Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)Louis Wu 7/12/11 8:37 p.m.
                             Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)Azo 'Galvat 7/12/11 9:25 p.m.
                             Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)RC Master 7/13/11 8:39 a.m.
                                   Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)Lurono 7/13/11 3:35 p.m.
                                   Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)JIMBOTHY 7/13/11 4:21 p.m.
                                         Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)RC Master 7/13/11 6:09 p.m.
     sogood.jpg *NM*sithhead 7/13/11 2:24 a.m.
     Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)MoltenSlowa 7/13/11 4:43 a.m.
     Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)Lurono 7/13/11 3:37 p.m.
     Re: HALO WARFARE 3 (Halo:Reach/Modern Warfare 3)TheSparbiter 7/17/11 3:11 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.