Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: She's not saying it right either
Posted By: General Vagueness <General.Vagueness@gmail.com>Date: 6/18/11 6:08 p.m.

In Response To: She's not saying it right either (Rockslider)

: It sounds odd partly because it's British slang and partly because she's
: not saying it right. It's something you'd say quick in a tone of
: dismissive annoyance or something like that, but she draws out the first
: word in strange fashion. She sounds like someone not used to being crude
: and it comes out kind of embarrassing. In any case I think some sort of
: sour put-down would've been more in keeping with Cortana's style. With
: this outburst she suddenly sounds a bit childish. When I first heard it,
: it seemed wildly out of place and left me bemused.

: Given her American accent, I'm surprised they didn't just think of a more
: suitable line. But maybe there was some complication to do with what was
: permissible for the certification they were aiming at? Perhaps they
: couldn't think of an acceptable American substitute?

Given that the rest of the game earned it an M rating they could've put almost any word they wanted in that line. As far as drawing out the first word, emphasis, which she had plenty of as she was yelling, can also make people draw out words, and Americans swear differently (you petaq). :)

You cannot fall off the floor.

Message Index

Replies:

I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 8:40 a.m.
     Re: I realized something that makes me happyDMFanella 6/17/11 8:48 a.m.
           Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 8:52 a.m.
                 Re: I realized something that makes me happyDMFanella 6/17/11 9:16 a.m.
                       Re: I realized something that makes me happypadraig08 6/17/11 10:09 a.m.
                             Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 10:30 a.m.
                                   Re: I realized something that makes me happyNosolee 6/17/11 10:55 a.m.
                                         I wouldn't mind....padraig08 6/17/11 11:02 a.m.
                                               Re: I wouldn't mind....ZackDark 6/17/11 3:45 p.m.
                                         Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 8:35 p.m.
                                               Re: I realized something that makes me happyZackDark 6/17/11 8:55 p.m.
                                                     Re: I realized something that makes me happyAzo 'Galvat 6/17/11 9:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: I realized something that makes me happyDagoonite 6/17/11 9:17 p.m.
                                                                 Do it. Nao. *NM*ZackDark 6/17/11 9:27 p.m.
                                                                 RelatedDagoonite 6/17/11 9:45 p.m.
                                                                       Re: RelatedChewbeccawacca 6/17/11 9:57 p.m.
                                                                 Stewart-timeZackDark 6/17/11 10:08 p.m.
     Re: I realized something that makes me happyUrban Reflex 6/17/11 1:47 p.m.
           Re: I realized something that makes me happyChewbeccawacca 6/17/11 2:38 p.m.
           She's not saying it right eitherRockslider 6/18/11 1:19 p.m.
                 Re: She's not saying it right eitherGeneral Vagueness 6/18/11 6:08 p.m.
     Cortana was supposed to have an English accent.Kermit 6/18/11 11:31 a.m.
           Re: Cortana was supposed to have an English accentBry 6/18/11 6:17 p.m.
                 Re: Cortana was supposed to have an English accentQuirel 6/18/11 7:14 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.