Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 6/8/11 8:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Modernized weapons in CEA? (BanditORR)

: I really don't see any evidence for this at all.

Sound effects aside, the most concrete bit was the higher firing rate of the needler. I've had a quick go at trying to analyze things by counting movie frames. An H1 needler seems to get through a clip in about 2.5 secs, but that CEA needler is doing it in about 2.0 I think. If we assume it has at least as many needles per clip, that makes for a significantly higher rate of fire - confirming what my ears are already telling me.

: The Assault Rifle has 60 rounds. If they were modernizing the weapons, it would have thirty-two.

You're reading too much into what I said there. I only suggested they'd be something like in H3 or Reach. I saw that the AR has 60 rounds in a clip, like the old one. But other aspects may've changed. Selective modernization, if you will.

: I don't see them saying "Guys, the gameplay is exactly the same.
: Honest." And then going and changing the weapons. That's silly.

They may've had a more limited idea of the term 'gameplay' in mind, perhaps thinking of it as the levels, the enemy layouts and behaviours, and so on. In that sense, they could say what they did and be true to their word. Another explanation is that they're just speaking a bit loosely. For publicity movies like this, maximum accuracy wouldn't be their overriding concern I think (even though weapon characteristics are a pretty major gameplay aspect in my book).

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Modernized weapons in CEA?Rockslider 6/7/11 9:37 p.m.
     the audio is updatedkidtsunami 6/7/11 9:40 p.m.
           Re: the audio is updatedINSANEdrive 6/7/11 9:47 p.m.
                 Re: the audio is updatedkidtsunami 6/7/11 9:54 p.m.
                       *Noted* *NM*INSANEdrive 6/7/11 9:57 p.m.
                       Re: the audio is updatedPhoenix_9286 6/7/11 10:55 p.m.
                             touchè *NM*kidtsunami 6/7/11 10:58 p.m.
           Re: the audio is updatedNarcogen 6/8/11 3:00 a.m.
           More needler evidenceRockslider 6/9/11 8:13 a.m.
                 Re: More needler evidenceNsU Soldier 6/9/11 11:56 p.m.
                       PAL realizationRockslider 6/10/11 6:58 a.m.
                             Re: PAL realizationThe Loot 6/10/11 2:02 p.m.
                                   Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/10/11 2:55 p.m.
                                         Re: PAL realizationBry 6/10/11 3:36 p.m.
                                               Re: PAL realizationThe Loot 6/10/11 4:05 p.m.
                                               Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/10/11 4:26 p.m.
                                                     Re: PAL realizationBry 6/10/11 5:16 p.m.
                                                           Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/11/11 4:12 a.m.
                                                                 Really Important CEA QuestionNsU Soldier 6/12/11 3:00 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Really Important CEA QuestionRockslider 6/12/11 4:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Really Important CEA QuestionNsU Soldier 6/12/11 8:02 p.m.
                                         Re: PAL realizationGeneral Vagueness 6/11/11 3:25 p.m.
                                               Re: PAL realizationGeneral Vagueness 6/11/11 3:32 p.m.
                                                     Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/11/11 3:45 p.m.
     Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?BanditORR 6/7/11 10:41 p.m.
           Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?Rockslider 6/8/11 8:53 a.m.
                 Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?Narcogen 6/9/11 12:56 a.m.
     Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?Buttskunk 6/7/11 11:24 p.m.
           Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?nomis78 6/8/11 1:36 a.m.
     Funny what aesthetics can do.uberfoop 6/7/11 11:35 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.