Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Modernized weapons in CEA?
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 6/7/11 9:37 p.m.

In the Halo Aniversary Exclusive, Bonnie Ross said they didn't touch the gameplay, and Dan Ayoub indicated likewise. But to judge from the footage so far, I think most CEA weapons are going to be something like in H3 or Reach, rather than being re-skinned copies of the originals - and that's going to make for significant differences in gameplay, both in terms of tactics and enjoyment.

Me, I would've preferred the originals, those being a major part of why I enjoy H1 combat so much more than that of H3. But I can see why 343i would go for modernization. They've probably got a massive audience which joined the franchise post-H1, and I imagine they were also influenced by multiplayer issues.

As for some of the video evidence, for starters there's a needler being fired at a leaping Elite in the brig of the Truth and Reconciliation, seen around 0:55 in the Debut Trailer. It has considerably higher rate of fire than the original, and the subsequent bang isn't the original sound effect. I don't notice any needles in flight, but perhaps that's just due to them going very fast and not having far to travel.

There's a bit of plasma rifle use around 0:49 in the hangar, but I don't hear the old plasma rifle sound. I also can't see any plasma in flight, which seems odd.

The AR around 0:54 sounds like the H3 version or later. That's the one weapon I might actually have more fun with than the original, the latter having always felt underpowered and imprecise (not that the H3 version did much to address that).

Couldn't glean much for other weapons (not including the pistol, which they seem to be making a special case for), but it seems a safe bet that those would be modernized too.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Modernized weapons in CEA?Rockslider 6/7/11 9:37 p.m.
     the audio is updatedkidtsunami 6/7/11 9:40 p.m.
           Re: the audio is updatedINSANEdrive 6/7/11 9:47 p.m.
                 Re: the audio is updatedkidtsunami 6/7/11 9:54 p.m.
                       *Noted* *NM*INSANEdrive 6/7/11 9:57 p.m.
                       Re: the audio is updatedPhoenix_9286 6/7/11 10:55 p.m.
                             touchè *NM*kidtsunami 6/7/11 10:58 p.m.
           Re: the audio is updatedNarcogen 6/8/11 3:00 a.m.
           More needler evidenceRockslider 6/9/11 8:13 a.m.
                 Re: More needler evidenceNsU Soldier 6/9/11 11:56 p.m.
                       PAL realizationRockslider 6/10/11 6:58 a.m.
                             Re: PAL realizationThe Loot 6/10/11 2:02 p.m.
                                   Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/10/11 2:55 p.m.
                                         Re: PAL realizationBry 6/10/11 3:36 p.m.
                                               Re: PAL realizationThe Loot 6/10/11 4:05 p.m.
                                               Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/10/11 4:26 p.m.
                                                     Re: PAL realizationBry 6/10/11 5:16 p.m.
                                                           Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/11/11 4:12 a.m.
                                                                 Really Important CEA QuestionNsU Soldier 6/12/11 3:00 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Really Important CEA QuestionRockslider 6/12/11 4:00 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Really Important CEA QuestionNsU Soldier 6/12/11 8:02 p.m.
                                         Re: PAL realizationGeneral Vagueness 6/11/11 3:25 p.m.
                                               Re: PAL realizationGeneral Vagueness 6/11/11 3:32 p.m.
                                                     Re: PAL realizationRockslider 6/11/11 3:45 p.m.
     Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?BanditORR 6/7/11 10:41 p.m.
           Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?Rockslider 6/8/11 8:53 a.m.
                 Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?Narcogen 6/9/11 12:56 a.m.
     Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?Buttskunk 6/7/11 11:24 p.m.
           Re: Modernized weapons in CEA?nomis78 6/8/11 1:36 a.m.
     Funny what aesthetics can do.uberfoop 6/7/11 11:35 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.