Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Commentary Transcripts.
Posted By: Narcogen <narcogen@rampancy.net>Date: 6/2/11 3:00 a.m.

In Response To: Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With Narcogen (Stephen L. (SoundEffect))

: No doubt Johnson wasn't named in-game. What I was saying is I think he was a
: named character in Bungie's development of the game. The other faces were
: named in the texture files so I'm sure Johnson was too, I just have to
: check the texture files again.

Not according to Staten, and he's right there giving commentary in front of Marty O'Donnell and Jason Jones, and they don't contradict him:

Joe Staten: "And I think as Sgt. Johnson goes through these lines here, written by the unforgettable Matt Soell, I think this was the moment where-- [...]

A discussion ensues about a Warthog crashing sound that's actually been removed from the recording. Onscreen, Johnson is delivering his difficulty-sensitive pep talk to the marines.

Joe Staten: I think this was the moment where we realized that Sgt. Johnson was going...

The subject gets changed. They don't return to it until the Master Chief is taking custody of Cortana on the bridge.

Joe Staten: Well the great thing about, sort of, Bungie games is that we have this really cool stable of actors, right, that stick around from game to game.

Jason Jones: All two of them?

Joe Staten: All two of them. You got to get rid of the guy that plays the grunt, though, he's a hack. In Halo we didn't really have that many more characters than... you've got Keyes, Cortana, and the Chief and Spark, but the cast was so much... I mean, even Sergeant Johnson wasn't called Sergeant Johnson. He was just called Sniper Sergeant.

We really just weren't too worried in Halo 1 about tying up loose ends.

: This is where we diverge. I very emphatically disagree with Staten on this
: point. If it were always acceptable to override the old with the new,
: nothing would have any lasting effect. If no one could be arsed to go back
: and play Halo 1 ever again, then it wouldn't matter that some info in a
: more recent game was retconned because no one would revisit that info.

It's also possible for people to go back and play that game and not be assaulted by that information because it gets processed and discarded, like the timestamps. I doubt I've played Halo 1 campaign less than you, but there are discrepancies that I'll never notice the way they do because I'm processing them in an entirely different way; you're actively trying to reconcile them against your memory, and I'm not. To me, if the outline looks like the PoA, my brain says "yep that's the Autumn" because it recognizably is in a big picture way. When I see different details, I discard the differences.

: In the case where you have a success and people do keep revisiting that info,
: it should be a priority for the developer to keep their universe
: consistent. To simply say that new info overrides old is the easy way out,
: but in my experience, hurts the consistency of the universe you'd like to
: have remain a success. There are various real-world factors that have a
: say in making those changes.

A priority? Sure. The only priority? Certainly not. A top priority? Depends. I'd say, most of the time, not. If it doesn't change the plot or tone, I'd say not, and that's generally the case with design details or calendar dates.

Certainly there's plenty of stuff that has remained consistent. I think the things they changed, they had reasons to. Sometimes the new stuff works better, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the new stuff fails in a way that's completely separate from why the old stuff was bad, and makes it look like the old stuff was better, but taking that route is really the easy way out. The easy way out would be to change nothing, but I don't think that's the way people who make original content think about the task at hand.

: For me personally (and I realize I'min the minority here) I'd prefer a
: consistent and cohesive universe. I don't even care that Halo or Halo 2 is
: even a game. I play it because that's how I experience the story, but if
: Halo 2 was only a book or even just a movie, I'd still prefer to have the
: details consistent. I can forgive a lot of gameplay concessions for 'fun
: factor' but I'm sad those are necessary. Games are only one aspect of
: Halo's overall storytelling machine.

I'd agree, but I think it's untenable regardless of the medium to expect a work that isn't necessarily intended by its creators to spawn a multimedia empire (even if its owners always intended that, which itself is arguable) to force them into consistency with the earliest iteration just because it's the earliest. There's also evidence that, despite how much a lot of fans, myself included, really loved it, there were things in Halo 1 that Bungie was not happy with.

Perhaps one of them was the design of the Pillar of Autumn?

Joe Staten: The really funny thing is about all the stuff with the Pillar of Autumn is that all of these shots...

Jason Jones: ...is that Paul Russell built it in, like, four minutes? (laughs)

Joe Staten: (laughs) Other than that.

Certainly Jones is exaggerating for comic effect here, but think about it-- the PoA is only seen from the outside for a few seconds in the opening cutscene, and then for a single 360 shot in the intro cutscene of the last level. That's it. Given Halo's carved-in-stone release date (Xbox launch day) and the accelerated schedule to port it to the Xbox system, and the material that got cut, and the need to re-use geometry to fill out the game, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Pillar of Autumn model was a rush job, and that someone wasn't happy with it-- enough so that when given the chance in later games, it was changed.

When the changes don't alter the meaning of the work, I think it's only respect to the artist to allow them a little artistic license. I think it's only when an artist or artists clearly abuses that license-- the Lucas case-- that they shouldn't be afforded that freedom to define, within limits of the best available technology and the best of their efforts-- to define how their universe looks and feels.

rampancy.net

Message Index

Replies:

Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/11/11 6:11 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreFrankie 5/11/11 6:16 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/11/11 6:20 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorePhoenix_9286 5/11/11 6:54 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/11/11 11:21 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorePhoenix_9286 5/12/11 12:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreLurono 5/12/11 11:21 a.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/12/11 1:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/12/11 1:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/12/11 3:24 p.m.
                                               i somewhat agreenomis78 5/16/11 4:21 p.m.
                                                     oh and marty on music *NM*nomis78 5/16/11 4:59 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorepadraig08 5/11/11 6:22 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreAzo 'Galvat 5/11/11 9:54 p.m.
     tl;dr: "I grew up, and I like Ren & Stimpy" *NM*Pkmnrulz240 5/11/11 6:24 p.m.
     Are those really retcons?General Battuta 5/11/11 6:25 p.m.
           Re: Are those really retcons?Cody Miller 5/11/11 6:31 p.m.
                 Re: Are those really retcons?General Battuta 5/11/11 6:44 p.m.
                       Re: No, they're not.Ranger15S 5/11/11 7:15 p.m.
                       Re: Are those really retcons?General Vagueness 5/11/11 9:15 p.m.
                             Re: Are those really retcons?General Battuta 5/11/11 10:12 p.m.
                 Nope, it isn't.Narcogen 5/12/11 2:13 a.m.
     Retcons are Art *NM*NartFOpc 5/11/11 6:26 p.m.
     Ren and Stimpy why you should not care about canon *NM*ZaneZavin 5/11/11 6:31 p.m.
     Thank God *NM*RC Master 5/11/11 6:47 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/11/11 6:58 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/11/11 9:25 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDarkS7G 5/11/11 7:36 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/11/11 9:32 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorepadraig08 5/11/11 10:08 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/12/11 6:07 a.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDEEP NNN 5/12/11 6:30 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/12/11 11:01 a.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDEEP NNN 5/12/11 11:57 a.m.
                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/12/11 2:54 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreRevenant1988 5/12/11 7:41 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDMFanella 5/12/11 8:46 a.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreRevenant1988 5/12/11 9:08 a.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorepadraig08 5/12/11 1:41 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDMFanella 5/12/11 8:37 a.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreRevenant1988 5/12/11 9:15 a.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDMFanella 5/12/11 9:37 a.m.
                                   Fanella playing HW *IMG*Revenant1988 5/12/11 10:54 a.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDarkS7G 5/12/11 2:29 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/12/11 3:02 p.m.
     The Roto-Rooter man finally gets a break. *NM*Captain Spark 5/11/11 7:40 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreFlynn J Taggart 5/11/11 7:45 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/11/11 9:09 p.m.
     I disagree on many pointsuberfoop 5/11/11 10:36 p.m.
           To clarify.uberfoop 5/11/11 11:10 p.m.
           Re: I disagree on many pointsscarab 5/12/11 3:05 a.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreSimpsons Rule 5/11/11 10:38 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/11/11 11:13 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/12/11 2:13 a.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/12/11 12:05 p.m.
                             Cautious skepticism.Narcogen 5/13/11 1:38 a.m.
                                   Re: Cautious skepticism.Cody Miller 5/13/11 11:14 a.m.
                                         Re: Cautious skepticism.Quirel 5/13/11 7:04 p.m.
                                               Re: Cautious skepticism.scarab 5/14/11 1:59 a.m.
                                                     Re: Cautious skepticism.resplendentvole 5/14/11 10:08 a.m.
                                                     Re: Cautious skepticism.Quirel 5/14/11 3:24 p.m.
                                         Re: Cautious skepticism.Narcogen 5/15/11 10:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Cautious skepticism.Quirel 5/27/11 2:26 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreSimpsons Rule 5/15/11 11:58 p.m.
     And another sees the lightPsychoRaven 5/11/11 10:49 p.m.
           Although I still disagreePsychoRaven 5/11/11 10:52 p.m.
     I'll just be bothered for you then... *NM*The Loot 5/11/11 11:23 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/11/11 11:26 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/12/11 2:08 a.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/12/11 11:14 a.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreArteenEsben 5/12/11 4:50 p.m.
                       I'm picking upkidtsunami 5/12/11 5:19 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/13/11 1:36 a.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/13/11 2:16 a.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/13/11 11:26 a.m.
                             Wait a minute.uberfoop 5/13/11 4:04 p.m.
                                   Re: Wait a minute.Cody Miller 5/13/11 4:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Wait a minute.uberfoop 5/13/11 6:34 p.m.
                                               Wait, did I really just...?uberfoop 5/13/11 6:48 p.m.
                                               Re: Wait a minute.Cody Miller 5/13/11 6:59 p.m.
                                                     Re: Wait a minute.Quirel 5/13/11 7:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Wait a minute.Hawaiian Pig 5/14/11 6:13 p.m.
                                               Not about Limbo.Narcogen 5/15/11 11:06 p.m.
                                         Re: Wait a minute.General Vagueness 5/14/11 2:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Wait a minute.Narcogen 5/15/11 10:57 p.m.
                                               Re: Wait a minute.Cody Miller 5/15/11 11:13 p.m.
                                                     Re: Wait a minute.Hoovaloov 5/16/11 5:47 a.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/15/11 10:55 p.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreArchilen 5/12/11 2:56 a.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/12/11 6:08 a.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreHawaiian Pig 5/12/11 9:54 a.m.
     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreEvil Otto 5/12/11 12:51 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreEvil Otto 5/12/11 12:57 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreAvateur 5/12/11 12:59 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreFyreWulff 5/12/11 1:08 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreHawaiian Pig 5/12/11 3:39 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/12/11 4:27 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/12/11 5:45 p.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/12/11 6:00 p.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/12/11 6:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/12/11 7:06 p.m.
                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/12/11 8:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/12/11 9:27 p.m.
                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/12/11 10:11 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreEvil Otto 5/12/11 4:31 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/12/11 5:42 p.m.
                                   My thoughts exactly ^ *NM*Hawaiian Pig 5/13/11 1:08 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/13/11 11:20 a.m.
                                         Are you playing Devil's advocate? *NM*scarab 5/13/11 12:49 p.m.
                                               Re: Are you playing Devil's advocate?Hawaiian Pig 5/14/11 6:20 p.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreuberfoop 5/13/11 4:36 p.m.
                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/13/11 4:50 p.m.
                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreuberfoop 5/13/11 5:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreSimpsons Rule 5/16/11 12:12 a.m.
                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/16/11 1:13 a.m.
                                                     Thoughts and conspiracies...Leviathan 5/16/11 2:22 a.m.
                                                           Re: Thoughts and conspiracies...Narcogen 5/16/11 3:52 a.m.
                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreuberfoop 5/16/11 2:44 a.m.
                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/16/11 4:05 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreuberfoop 5/16/11 7:36 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/17/11 12:13 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreuberfoop 5/17/11 3:24 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/17/11 5:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/16/11 8:16 a.m.
                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreLeviathan 5/16/11 10:13 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/16/11 11:43 a.m.
                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/17/11 12:15 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 10:18 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreLouis Wu 5/17/11 10:56 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreLeviathan 5/17/11 11:46 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorescarab 5/17/11 3:13 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreLeviathan 5/17/11 4:35 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 1:22 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/17/11 1:40 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 1:50 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/17/11 1:57 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/18/11 12:12 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/18/11 8:54 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreLouis Wu 5/18/11 9:20 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/18/11 9:57 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/18/11 11:29 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/19/11 6:56 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/20/11 1:23 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/20/11 7:03 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/20/11 11:34 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/21/11 8:47 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/22/11 11:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/23/11 8:10 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/23/11 9:06 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/23/11 10:01 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/23/11 10:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/23/11 10:31 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/23/11 11:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreArchilen 5/24/11 1:44 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/24/11 6:18 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/24/11 1:01 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/24/11 2:11 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreArchilen 5/24/11 3:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/24/11 4:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/24/11 8:03 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/24/11 3:36 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/24/11 5:45 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/24/11 6:34 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             You can't please everyone all of the time *NM*Bry 5/24/11 6:37 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenQuirel 5/27/11 3:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With Narcogenuberfoop 5/27/11 4:54 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenCody Miller 5/27/11 5:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenBeckx 5/27/11 6:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   The guy who mage Greedo shoot first *NM*scarab 5/28/11 3:56 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/27/11 5:25 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenQuirel 5/27/11 7:03 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/27/11 7:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenQuirel 5/27/11 8:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         My take.BlueNinja 5/28/11 6:58 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenGeneral Vagueness 5/27/11 6:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/27/11 6:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       +1 *NM*Document 5/28/11 4:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenDocument 5/28/11 5:42 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Great post. Love it.Gravemind 5/28/11 5:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Great post. Love it.Quirel 5/29/11 2:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 5/30/11 12:23 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/30/11 6:50 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenGeneral Vagueness 5/30/11 10:46 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With Narcogenpete_the_duck 5/30/11 11:01 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenGravemind 5/30/11 8:04 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/30/11 8:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               o_OArithmomaniac 5/30/11 9:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: o_OStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/30/11 11:02 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 5/31/11 12:11 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/31/11 6:45 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 6/1/11 1:21 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/1/11 6:55 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/2/11 3:00 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Commentary Transcripts.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/2/11 7:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Commentary Transcripts.Gravemind 6/2/11 1:17 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Commentary Transcripts.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/2/11 1:20 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Commentary Transcripts.Dagoonite 6/2/11 5:04 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Commentary Transcripts.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/2/11 7:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/3/11 12:29 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: Commentary Transcripts.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/3/11 8:14 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: Commentary Transcripts.Louis Wu 6/3/11 8:27 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Chips.Hedgemony 6/3/11 8:40 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       338 repliesCody Miller 6/3/11 7:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: 338 repliesQuirel 6/3/11 7:47 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: 338 repliesLouis Wu 6/3/11 8:01 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/5/11 11:04 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: Commentary Transcripts.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/6/11 6:32 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: Commentary Transcripts.General Vagueness 6/3/11 8:49 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/5/11 11:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/3/11 12:25 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Commentary Transcripts.resplendentvole 6/2/11 2:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Commentary Transcripts.scarab 6/2/11 4:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/3/11 12:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: Commentary Transcripts.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/2/11 7:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/3/11 12:39 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Commentary Transcripts.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/3/11 8:17 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: Commentary Transcripts.Narcogen 6/3/11 12:19 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenGeneral Vagueness 5/30/11 10:51 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Johnson's survivalDocument 5/30/11 4:19 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenGeneral Vagueness 5/30/11 10:56 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With Narcogenpete_the_duck 5/30/11 11:09 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/30/11 11:20 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 5/31/11 12:22 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/31/11 6:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 6/1/11 1:11 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenStephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/1/11 6:33 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 6/2/11 1:29 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenGeneral Vagueness 5/30/11 11:34 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenGeneral Vagueness 5/30/11 11:44 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 5/31/11 12:29 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenLeisandir 5/31/11 12:05 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenLouis Wu 5/31/11 12:09 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenCody Miller 5/31/11 12:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 6/1/11 1:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenLouis Wu 6/1/11 7:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 6/2/11 1:28 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: My Comprehensive-ish Argument With NarcogenNarcogen 5/31/11 12:17 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Johnson's character statusDocument 5/30/11 4:09 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Reprise: Testing size limits on individual posts.Quirel 6/5/11 2:53 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: Reprise: Testing size limits on individual posStephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/5/11 8:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Quirel- okay here's the response.Narcogen 6/13/11 5:01 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: Quirel- okay here's the response.scarab 6/13/11 7:09 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/24/11 6:55 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/17/11 12:26 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 1:33 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/17/11 1:37 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 1:54 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/17/11 2:24 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 5:34 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreagdtinman 5/17/11 6:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/17/11 8:34 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 9:48 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/17/11 1:44 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 1:53 p.m.
                                                                                   Wrong example.Louis Wu 5/17/11 2:22 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Wrong example.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/17/11 5:39 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Wrong example.Narcogen 5/18/11 12:33 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Wrong example.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/18/11 8:33 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Wrong example.Narcogen 5/18/11 11:34 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/18/11 12:27 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/17/11 11:37 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/18/11 6:44 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/18/11 7:27 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/18/11 9:52 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/18/11 11:40 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/19/11 6:24 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/19/11 6:52 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/19/11 8:17 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/20/11 1:26 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/20/11 7:22 a.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/13/11 2:25 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/13/11 11:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreHawaiian Pig 5/14/11 6:10 p.m.
                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreCody Miller 5/15/11 2:55 a.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/15/11 10:59 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/12/11 4:33 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreAvateur 5/12/11 4:48 p.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBeckx 5/12/11 5:01 p.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreAvateur 5/12/11 5:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorescarab 5/12/11 6:09 p.m.
                                               Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBeckx 5/13/11 7:35 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreBry 5/12/11 5:10 p.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreAvateur 5/12/11 5:25 p.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreQuirel 5/12/11 5:31 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/12/11 5:50 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreGeneral Vagueness 5/12/11 7:56 p.m.
                       How to Still Care About Halo.Narcogen 5/15/11 11:01 p.m.
                             Re: How to Still Care About Halo.Hoovaloov 5/16/11 7:17 a.m.
                                   Re: How to Still Care About Halo.Narcogen 5/17/11 12:17 a.m.
                             Well said.Kermit 5/16/11 9:55 a.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreNarcogen 5/13/11 2:22 a.m.
           I like this post *NM*Avateur 5/12/11 12:58 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreDuncan 5/12/11 4:38 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymorescarab 5/12/11 6:18 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymoreHoovaloov 5/16/11 7:20 a.m.
           I liked it better when humans were forerunnersFlynn J Taggart 5/12/11 6:36 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymore *SP*Narcogen 5/13/11 2:21 a.m.
                 Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymore *SP*mc_leprechaun 5/13/11 12:07 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymore *SP*scarab 5/13/11 12:46 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymore *SP*mc_leprechaun 5/13/11 4:03 p.m.
                       Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymore *SP*Narcogen 5/15/11 10:53 p.m.
                             Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymore *SP*Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/16/11 6:26 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons don't bother me anymore *SP*Dagoonite 5/16/11 9:40 a.m.
     Why Retcons annoy me to no end...The BS Police 5/16/11 5:41 a.m.
           Re: Why Retcons annoy me to no end...RC Master 5/16/11 10:54 a.m.
                 Re: Why Retcons annoy me to no end...General Vagueness 5/16/11 11:56 a.m.
                       Re: Why Retcons annoy me to no end...The BS Police 5/16/11 3:46 p.m.
                             Re: Why Retcons annoy me to no end...General Vagueness 5/16/11 6:17 p.m.
     .....The Hell's A Retcon? (/dumb) *NM*Morpheus 5/16/11 8:24 a.m.
           Re: .....The Hell's A Retcon? (/dumb)Beckx 5/16/11 9:01 a.m.
           Retroactive Continuity...GrimBrother One 5/16/11 9:02 a.m.
                 Re: Retroactive Continuity...Morpheus 5/16/11 1:59 p.m.
                       Re: Retroactive Continuity...Quirel 5/16/11 6:42 p.m.
                             Re: Retroactive Continuity...Unique Name 5/16/11 7:27 p.m.
                                   Re: Retroactive Continuity...Quirel 5/16/11 7:54 p.m.
                                         You make no sense!ZackDark 5/16/11 9:00 p.m.
                                               Re: You make no sense!Quirel 5/16/11 10:20 p.m.
                                                     Re: You make no sense!Beckx 5/17/11 8:21 a.m.
                                                           Re: You make no sense!ZackDark 5/17/11 10:30 a.m.
     Why retcons do bother me.Gravemind 5/24/11 4:45 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons do bother me.General Vagueness 5/24/11 6:25 p.m.
           Amen, brother! *NM*The Loot 5/24/11 6:50 p.m.
           I've said it before, I'll say it again...Lurono 5/24/11 7:41 p.m.
                 Re: I've said it before, I'll say it again...The Loot 5/24/11 8:57 p.m.
                       Re: I've said it before, I'll say it again...General Battuta 5/24/11 8:58 p.m.
                 Re: I've said it before, I'll say it again...General Battuta 5/24/11 8:57 p.m.
                       Re: I've said it before, I'll say it again...Lurono 5/24/11 9:22 p.m.
                       Re: I've said it before, I'll say it again...The Loot 5/24/11 9:48 p.m.
           Re: Why retcons do bother me.Narcogen 5/25/11 8:01 a.m.
                 Re: Why retcons do bother me.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/25/11 8:30 a.m.
                       Re: Why retcons do bother me.Narcogen 5/26/11 12:10 a.m.
                             Re: Why retcons do bother me.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/26/11 7:12 a.m.
                                   Re: Why retcons do bother me.Narcogen 5/26/11 7:46 a.m.
                                         Re: Why retcons do bother me.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/26/11 1:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Why retcons do bother me.Narcogen 5/26/11 11:19 p.m.
                 Re: Why retcons do bother me.Archilen 5/25/11 11:43 a.m.
                       Re: Why retcons do bother me.Narcogen 5/26/11 12:14 a.m.
                             Re: Why retcons do bother me.Cody Miller 5/26/11 12:17 a.m.
                       Re: Why retcons do bother me.Narcogen 5/26/11 12:21 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.