Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Wow.
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 5/7/11 5:16 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Wow. (Leisandir)

: The word "shield" does not necessarily refer to an energy field.
: Engine shields are still shields, and their strength can be measured in a
: bar graph. I believe, as I always have and have defended before, that the
: shield icon in the Longsword cockpit is referring to some sort of
: containment shield and not the kind that deflects incoming damage.

Sure, it could refer to a heat shield or reactor shielding, which I would personally find more likely than a containment shield as you put it (that sounds all the more like an energy field of some kind).

But I doubt any of them were really the intent when the texture was created.
It probably is as simple as energy shields, just like MJOLNIR itself. Simple solutions are often the best.

The real question in my mind is what relevance the display has to the finished product.
I think the answer is probably none.
Perhaps at one point there was an intention to have the Longsword player controllable as part of the campaign and shields could well have been part of that, as well as more cutscenes inside its cockpit. Maybe even the player would have had to walk through the interior to the cockpit, which would help explain why so much of the interior was actually created in the first place.
But that's not how things turned out, and we might never know the full story.

Bry's Gaming Tumblr: Screenshots, Vids & Opinions

Message Index

Replies:

Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeBry 5/5/11 11:08 a.m.
     Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeRevenant1988 5/5/11 11:17 a.m.
           Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeBry 5/5/11 11:23 a.m.
                 Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/5/11 1:20 p.m.
                       Makes me wonderRevenant1988 5/5/11 2:31 p.m.
                             Re: Makes me wonderStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/6/11 6:14 a.m.
                                   Re: Makes me wonderLeviathan 5/6/11 12:24 p.m.
                                         Re: Makes me wonderBry 5/6/11 2:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Makes me wonderStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/6/11 6:53 p.m.
                                                     Re: Makes me wonderBry 5/6/11 6:58 p.m.
                       Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifePhoenix_9286 5/5/11 2:32 p.m.
                             Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/6/11 6:18 a.m.
     Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeDielectric 5/5/11 3:09 p.m.
           Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeStephen L. (SoundEffect) 5/6/11 6:29 a.m.
                 Re: Updated Halo vehicle scales + vs real lifeDielectric 5/6/11 6:16 p.m.
     Longsword ShopBry 5/5/11 3:44 p.m.
           Re: Longsword ShopLeviathan 5/5/11 7:21 p.m.
           That could easily carry an ftl drivescarab 5/6/11 3:26 p.m.
                 Re: That could easily carry an ftl driveBry 5/6/11 4:01 p.m.
                       Pics or it didn't happenZackDark 5/6/11 4:40 p.m.
                             Re: Pics or it didn't happenBry 5/6/11 5:17 p.m.
                                   Wow.ZackDark 5/6/11 5:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Wow.Bry 5/6/11 5:41 p.m.
                                               Re: Wow.ZackDark 5/6/11 5:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Wow.Leisandir 5/7/11 4:12 p.m.
                                                     Re: Wow.Bry 5/7/11 5:16 p.m.
                                                           Re: Wow.Leisandir 5/7/11 6:47 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Wow.Bry 5/8/11 4:43 a.m.
                                                           Re: Wow.ZackDark 5/7/11 9:49 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.