Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

CCN VI Write Up - Fashionably Late *IMGs*
Posted By: Tex <agirlnamedtex@gmail.com>Date: 4/3/11 7:28 p.m.

In Response To: Classic Customs 4 HYPER MONTAGE *VID* (Schooly D)

A quick-and-dirty write up for the grand ol' time at CCN VI last night. With less busted game-links, less flag captures and a whole lot of dying. Also jetpacks if you're this guy:

I wasn't there for the Anchor 9 game so we're starting with…

Game 1 - Shotgun CTF on Noble Creek

Thrilled to know my wishes from last week were granted! Two bases, boxed in, shotguns going off in tight spaces, teleporter camping and flag-roof tossing. Everything I had remembered and more from this rendition of Battle Creek.

This went about as well as I had hoped.

Flag taken.

We could probably fill that ditch with bodies if we kept the flag there long enough.

Final Score:
Red: 3
Blue: 2

Game 2 - 1 Flag CTF on Boneyard

I'm not a huge fan of Boneyard but I really enjoyed how a 1Flag game plays out on this map. The path from flag to capture point didn't span the whole length of the map as I had imagined it would like for Invasion.

The good old Warthog Special Delivery.

Getting some air. Sans jetpack.

Rejected!

(I really only use Armor Lock in hopes of scoring cool screens)

Final Score:
Red: 0
Blue: 1

Game 3 - Team Slayer on High Noon
"..why am I camo'd?" "I think Schooly is wondering that too.."

Because DMR start on this map would just be plain silly.

Antithesis, putting on some hurt

Death From Above 2552

3 Guys, 1 Bone'd

Final Score:
Red: 130
Blue: 139

Game 4 - Oddball on R.A.T. Lab
Where the fuck are the teleporters?!

To be fair we didn't notice the teleporters had gone missing until about 5 minutes left in the game. After we had been running around in circles forever :p

A severe case of blue ball[s]

Red team, looking to get a turn at some time

There was a ball here somewhere...

Final Score:
Red: 192
Blue: 300

Game 5 - K.O.T.H. on Powerhouse

I rarely get to play KOTH here, so as a result whenever the hill moved I'd be damned if I knew where it was. My solution? Use the jetpack to float on up and see where it went. The problem? Get shot down 9 times out of 10.

Toss it

Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Baby's First Triple Kill

Final Score:
Red: 119
Blue: 140

Game 6 - Invasion on The Hushed Apprentice

Having seen this map featured/posted a few times I had been really eager to play it. Rushing the beach was fun during stage one, very reminiscent of Silent Cartographer (as you'd hope!). Stage two I felt was the most difficult of the three to play if you're on the offense. You're running uphill against a fury of needle rifles and anything that could help you is back at the beach, which is quite the trek on foot! We managed to pull it off and got to stage three where the real madness began.

Schooly D, capturing things

Le own'd.

Core Carrying 101

Final Score:
Red: 1
Blue: 3

Game 7 - Team SWAT on Dreadnought

I thought Oddball was insane on this map. SWAT ruins families and K/D ratios like no one's business. My advice to you? Don't go through the teleporters and you better pray that you spawn ontop.

GAH! Not the face!

I'm fairly certain he had just spawned there. Like I said. Bottom floor sux.

OS is OP. Just kidding. It does nothing.

Final Score:
Red: 200
Blue: 184

Game 8 - CTF on Hemorrhage

In this weeks edition of the traditional CCN Hemorrhage game, no one switched teams, our stats page didn't off itself, Red Team hosted a shutout and it only lasted 31 minutes! The jokes I could make off that alone.

Making sure the coast is clear.

(It wasn't)

Sup bro? I'ma just borrow this ATV and oh- *pummel*. Yeah, I did that while boarding you from another mongoose. No big.

Well, technically the flag -is- at home...

chris101b, starring in 117 Hours

Final Score:
Red: 3
Blue: :(

We started to close (read: tricked people into leaving) by taking the beloved ULTRA MLG to a whole new level. Literally. I present to you: ULTRA MLG 16 MAN TOURNEY

A never ending tower of DMR power, topped with an arena that would be Rinzler approved. Each floor of this map hosts a 1v1 battle, winner proceeds to the next floor to face their new opponent, implying he won't spawn facing a wall. Pro tip: Face the window when you're done killing your friend.

Nart and I, plotting a revolt.

All Combatants: Please be aware, this is now a 2v1 game. gl hf dd.

Our party got busted and I got sent to my room. Final match, well, you can probably guess who it came down to. And who won.

Surprise

Last but never least ULTRA MLG VEHICLES

Minus the whole dying part, this was a pretty cool shot. Hope it won't ruin the K/D spread too much.

Gratuitous shot of Tex joining the Mile High Club. Or the Just-High-Enough-To-Avoid-The-Killzone Club

ULTRA MLG INCEPTION HOG. *inceptionnoise.mp3*

As always ladies and noobs, it was a pleasure playing with you all last night. Remember! We are and have been alternating the nights we have CCN. So since we played on Saturday this week that means that next week CCN will be on Friday, April 8th. Be sure to keep your eyes open and sign up so we can get you on the VIP list!

XXOO, little x, little o
-Tex

For more screenshots check out the imgur album at http://agirlnamedtex.imgur.com/classic_customs_iv

Tweetz

Message Index

Replies:

Classic Customs 4 HYPER MONTAGE *VID*Schooly D 4/3/11 5:09 p.m.
     Sexy Music is Seeeeexypadraig08 4/3/11 5:20 p.m.
     Re: Classic Customs 4 HYPER MONTAGE *VID*General Vagueness 4/3/11 5:37 p.m.
     CCN VI Write Up - Fashionably Late *IMGs*Tex 4/3/11 7:28 p.m.
           WhoopsTex 4/3/11 7:30 p.m.
                 Re: WhoopsTex 4/3/11 7:39 p.m.
                       You worked fast to correct your error! *NM*Avateur 4/3/11 7:39 p.m.
                             Wasn't kidding when I said quick and dirty. *NM*Tex 4/3/11 7:57 p.m.
           VI isn't 4 :P *NM*Avateur 4/3/11 7:39 p.m.
           Tron reference FTWDHalo 4/4/11 12:00 a.m.
                 Re: Tron reference FTWAvateur 4/4/11 12:06 a.m.
           Re: CCN VI Write Up - Fashionably Late *IMGs*bluerunner 4/4/11 11:44 a.m.
     Another clip, just because it was funnyBoneKin 4/3/11 7:41 p.m.
     OUCH! MY BEAUTIFUL HEAD!Bones153 4/4/11 11:12 a.m.
     Wait a sec..JonnyOThan 4/4/11 11:38 a.m.
           Re: Wait a sec..bluerunner 4/4/11 11:41 a.m.
           Re: Wait a sec..General Vagueness 4/4/11 3:28 p.m.
                 Re: Wait a sec..NartFOpc 4/4/11 3:42 p.m.
     The Flip Side *vids + imgs*NartFOpc 4/4/11 12:00 p.m.
           That's what you call an ultimate hog? lolAvateur 4/4/11 1:28 p.m.
                 Re: That's what you call an ultimate hog? lolbluerunner 4/4/11 1:36 p.m.
                       Re: That's what you call an ultimate hog? lolAvateur 4/4/11 1:48 p.m.
                             They killed an Enzo Ferrari! Those MONSTERS!!!!!!! *NM*Beckx 4/4/11 2:48 p.m.
     Re: Classic Customs 4 HYPER MONTAGE *VID*General Vagueness 4/4/11 7:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.