Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Platform differences
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 2/21/11 12:39 p.m.

In Response To: Re: AOTCR bridge descent via patrolling Elite (2 v (Cocopjojo)

: Wow, that "fast" video is crazy. Do you think this is the new quickest method of getting down?

No, riding down in a Shade is surely the fastest. Just grenade the Shade over the edge and hop in as it's passing, and you're on your way down (problematic on NTSC or PC though). Should beat this covie-assisted method by a good few seconds, even when the Elite is in the handiest location on the lower deck. Not that I'm doing fast descents for speed-running though; it's for the fun.

: Actually, your method at 1:33 here looks pretty darn fast... Unfortunately,
: I don't think I can do that on NTSC. And with the method at the beginning
: of the clip, I always end up sliding off of the ledge.

It's frustrating that I don't have NTSC or PC to test things for myself. With those methods in BCM13 involving dropping to the near right ledge, I'm still not sure if they can be done on those platforms. I'm reliant on getting reports from people who've seriously tried them. But the thing is, I would've thought those BCM13 methods can be done on NTSC (and thus probably PC too), because the fall to the near right ledge is surely only as far as the fall to the near left ledge used in xbill's method, which is fine for NTSC. I've not had enough reporting from people to be sure of the situation however.

In specific regard to that first method in BCM13, I can't be sure you're landing in quite the right place (it's very specific). Not without seeing footage at least.

On this matter of platform differences, there's something I meant to say in the ad but forgot. I'm not sure any of my three covie-assisted methods will work on NTSC or PC. Maybe the covie will invariably die before he reaches the ledge? This is something I'd like to know about. If you happen to do any testing like you did for that ledge-tree-rock method in BCM7, please lemme know!

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

AOTCR bridge descent via patrolling Elite (2 vids)Rockslider 2/21/11 10:46 a.m.
     Re: AOTCR bridge descent via patrolling Elite (2 vCocopjojo 2/21/11 11:32 a.m.
           Re: AOTCR bridge descent via patrolling Elite (2 vCocopjojo 2/21/11 11:43 a.m.
                 Platform differencesRockslider 2/21/11 12:39 p.m.
     Re: AOTCR bridge descent via patrolling Elite (2 vPkmnrulz240 2/21/11 12:25 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.